Jump to content
IGNORED

Tell Fasteddie I Said Hi


Spysar

Recommended Posts

And I'm going to LMAO when that old site disintegrates. Why? For all the times I tried to join that site, and never got a response. But I kept reading stuff over there. Why? Cause I'm from NY and was interested. Little by little I figured it out, and saw the links to this site. Sloweddie didn't delete that one on time, LOL. 

Now I'm not trying to piss anyone off. I see that it was once a great site with lots of great characters, and lots of friends have been made. 

But what do they expect when they don't allow, or are too lazy to accept new members??? 

So it's funny (to me) to watch them over there trying to cancel people, and delete posts. That place goona die a slow painful death. :stirring: :whistling:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's honestly super weird. The 2 main original moderators were:

  • BurmJohn, who created the site and loved hunting so much he moved his family from long island to the boonies in upstate NY
  • Geno C, also loved hunting so much he moved his family from long island to the boonies in upstate NY

Then they both went ghost. Geno worked in real estate hunting land in NY and still only posted once every few years. I totally understand things come up in life, etc. But to not even check in for years at a time is just so crazy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

   I am glad you made it over here!   

  More good people  over there that will make the Jump.

   I believe  this New Site over time will attract  more New People. The more the merrier 

  Be good to have Fasteddie  over as well in time. The Deer Vial Man and the Flying Dog- probably  not.

   I am still on over there-- never left. 

 

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blackbeltbill said:

   I am glad you made it over here!   

  More good people  over there that will make the Jump.

   I believe  this New Site over time will attract  more New People. The more the merrier 

  Be good to have Fasteddie  over as well in time. The Deer Vial Man and the Flying Dog- probably  not.

   I am still on over there-- never left. 

 

I've read lots and lots of your posts. 

Edited by Spysar
unneeded word
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Spysar said:

And I'm going to LMAO when that old site disintegrates. Why? For all the times I tried to join that site, and never got a response. But I kept reading stuff over there. Why? Cause I'm from NY and was interested. Little by little I figured it out, and saw the links to this site. Sloweddie didn't delete that one on time, LOL. 

Now I'm not trying to piss anyone off. I see that it was once a great site with lots of great characters, and lots of friends have been made. 

But what do they expect when they don't allow, or are too lazy to accept new members??? 

So it's funny (to me) to watch them over there trying to cancel people, and delete posts. That place goona die a slow painful death. :stirring: :whistling:

Fortunately a lot of the good ones have migrated over. Still a few good folks left over there, and I’m hopeful that if they decide to join us, they can find the site. We’re also blessed with some good “new” folks joining us and making good contributions.

That site is going to do what it’s going to do, and it’s fine in my opinion. I hadn’t looked at it in months until yesterday. Looks like there’s half a dozen stalwarts willing to defend their flag on a hill that no one else is fighting to conquer. I wish them the best. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, left field said:

Moderating is a thankless task. Moderating when things get political, more so.

Fast Eddie is a good guy and the one time he admonished me, I deserved it and agreed with his decision.

Thankfully, (according to 4S) everyone is a moderator here so the load is shared!

 

They complained about a select few that are happy they left for this site, then laughed because us mods are doing something they are not.. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, paula said:

I'm shocked how they are acting about someone coming there and selling their wares, and how they have so many active members how much better it is. Fsw acts like his feelings are really hurt without admitting it. And I thought he was a member here and he said he was not

Just to be clear on the "selling wares" part being suggested there, I started out by trying to contact the owner in December of 2020 and continued trying to get in touch with him through the moderators for nearly 2 years with not a single reply (in fact my PMs still haven't even been opened) BEFORE starting a site to help members join an actively owned and managed site.  Are the remaining members aware that the site is basically frozen in terms of what is and will ever be done with it without an active owner?  No one can register.  No new members can join.  No one can get any level of response from the owner regarding basically anything:  account issues, registering, T-shirt sales, etc.  How is all of that zero concern to the those members yet what this site is attempting to offer is such a negative?  

I think it's quite disingenuous to portray what happened as they are, especially considering the number of PMs and attempted contact I made long before I started this site.  It's also a disservice to all those who trying to join but can't.  At least now the remaining members have what they want, or so they claim.

Let's keep this site positive and just let them enjoy what they have there.  This site will grow and it will offer things back to the members in contests, giveaways, merchandise, etc.  Maybe none of that matters to those over there hell bent on trashing the site, and that's OK, they're entitled to do what they'd like.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, nywaw said:

Just to be clear on the "selling wares" part being suggested there, I started out by trying to contact the owner in December of 2020 and continued trying to get in touch with him through the moderators for nearly 2 years with not a single reply (in fact my PMs still haven't even been opened) BEFORE starting a site to help members join an actively owned and managed site.  Are the remaining members aware that the site is basically frozen in terms of what is and will ever be done with it without an active owner?  No one can register.  No new members can join.  No one can get any level of response from the owner regarding basically anything:  account issues, registering, T-shirt sales, etc.  How is all of that zero concern to the those members yet what this site is attempting to offer is such a negative?  

I think it's quite disingenuous to portray what happened as they are, especially considering the number of PMs and attempted contact I made long before I started this site.  It's also a disservice to all those who trying to join but can't.  At least now the remaining members have what they want, or so they claim.

Let's keep this site positive and just let them enjoy what they have there.  This site will grow and it will offer things back to the members in contests, giveaways, merchandise, etc.  Maybe none of that matters to those over there hell bent on trashing the site, and that's OK, they're entitled to do what they'd like.  

You don't have to explain anything. Its just odd how they are protesting the site for no reason. 

Everyone knows that new members aren't getting in. The owner I believe basically stole the money of members that was trying to support the page. He is a thief and that who Ed and FSW if showing their loyalty to. 

Last I will speak on that. Lol 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, but I'm just going to say this exactly like it is! The whole thing of the back and forth between there and here is childish bullshit! Talking crap about there or them talking crap about here is bad for both forum's integrity. Like I said over there a few days ago to someone if you truly don't care then why do you care so much?

 

 

Let it go people! Just let it go! 

I don't feed trolls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...