IGNORED

I Want A New Choke Tube

DirtTime

The Picatinny rail got here and it fits, but the red dots I have sit too high for a good cheek weld. But the rail does allow for the new fiber optic sights to be used leaving a full FOV for them down so no hurry looking for another reflex/red dot.

I don't feed the trolls.

13 hours ago, mowin said:

What reflex sight are you going with? 

Get it mounted up yet? 

I ordered a low-cost red dot by CV Life. I have two of their scopes on other guns and haven't had any issues (knock on wood). 

Edited by DirtTime

I don't feed the trolls.

On 3/8/2023 at 8:19 AM, DirtTime said:

I ordered a low-cost red dot by CV Life. I have two of their scopes on other guns and haven't had any issues (knock on wood). 

Da fugg man, when do you (don’t take this the wrong way) think you’ll be popping a cap on this setup?  May 1st is coming as well as Christmas.   

3 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Da fugg man, when do you (don’t take this the wrong way) think you’ll be popping a cap on this setup?  May 1st is coming as well as Christmas.   

End of the month early April. We aren't members of any of the local shooting ranges because we both feel paying $260-400 a year for both of us to shoot is ridiculous. I go to an indoor range to shoot the 22LR and .223s, but I don't think they allow shot with shotguns, I believe it's just slugs. Most of my shooting is done on my buddy's property, and he and his family have some things I will not bring up on the internet going on so it's not the easiest to set up a date to head up there.

Edited by DirtTime
spelling and a typo

I don't feed the trolls.

3 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

End of the month early April. We aren't members of any of the local shooting ranges because we both feel paying $260-400 a year for both of us to shoot is ridiculous. I go to an indoor range to shoot the 22LR and .223s, but I don't think they allow shot with shotguns, I believe it's just slugs. Most of my shooting is done on my buddy's property, and he and his family have some things I will not bring up on the internet going on so it's not the easiest to set up a date to head up there.

Don't blame you for keeping things a secret in this day and age.  Looking forward to seeing the patterns. 

Just showing respect to him and his family.

The micro red dot got here today. It's mounted and old school bore sighted. Looks funky because I'm not used to having a scope on the barrel instead of the receiver. I can get a good solid cheek weld and the red dot lines up fine.

I don't feed the trolls.

8 hours ago, DirtTime said:

End of the month early April. We aren't members of any of the local shooting ranges because we both feel paying $260-400 a year for both of us to shoot is ridiculous. 

Damn, the shooting club I belong to (Niagara County Sportsman) is $80 a year and rare is the time I see anyone there.   

21 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Damn, the shooting club I belong to (Niagara County Sportsman) is $80 a year and rare is the time I see anyone there.   

The one closest is $130 each a year (the first year is $160 each), further out there are a couple that is a little cheaper but we don't like their policy of you have to be a member of this or that to join. There are a couple who have a family plan, which is around $160-190 a year but they are almost an hour's drive, which doesn't make sense when my buddy land is only an hour and a half away. If I had started this in April I'd be concerned about a time frame, but I've got plenty of time to dial things in.

I don't feed the trolls.

• 3 weeks later...

No pictures but Win. Longbeard 3" #5 won the pattern war. To be honest, the Win. DX #4, LB #5, and Federal high brass #6 (all 3") weren't very far off from one another out to 35 yards. The #5 and #6 were close enough that both had very close to the same amount of pellets in the head neck area- #5 had 23 and the #6 had 20. The #4 weren't far behind with 17. So really any of them will get the job done as long as a tom gets dumb enough to get in range for me.

Not sure how much I like the red dot mounted on the barrel. It's a different line of sight that's for sure.

Edited by DirtTime

I don't feed the trolls.

30 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

No pictures but Win. Longbeard 3" #5 won the pattern war. To be honest, the Win. DX #4, LB #5, and Federal high brass #6 (all 3") were very far off from one another out to 35 yards. The #5 and #6 were close enough that both had very close to the same amount of pellets in the head neck area- #5 had 23 and the #6 had 20. The #4 weren't far behind with 17. So really any of them will get the job done as long as a tom gets dumb enough to get in range for me.

Not sure how much I like the red dot mounted on the barrel. It's a different line of sight that's for sure.

Just remember, no peeking.   Keep your cheek on the stock.   

57 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

No pictures but Win. Longbeard 3" #5 won the pattern war. To be honest, the Win. DX #4, LB #5, and Federal high brass #6 (all 3") were very far off from one another out to 35 yards. The #5 and #6 were close enough that both had very close to the same amount of pellets in the head neck area- #5 had 23 and the #6 had 20. The #4 weren't far behind with 17. So really any of them will get the job done as long as a tom gets dumb enough to get in range for me.

That's a decent pattern at 35y.  You going to try TSS?