IGNORED

Not a good optic from a CT Hunter

crappyice

4 minutes ago, mowin said:

Yep.  Always left the head on for the taxi to do the final skinning.  This guy didn't shoot a couple does that he wanted to have the hides tanned.  99% of the predator pelts are tanned with the head on. 

Yes he left the head attached to the cape like a deer or bear or coyote or you name it any other animal for the taxi to skin out the more detailed parts

2 minutes ago, phade said:

When you skin out an animal, you skin out the head too. Then you cut off the head/skull from the carcass for a euro or for mounting.

The head was attached to the rest of the skin. For the taxi to finish. I personally don't skin out the heads because I don't have the skills to do it as well as my taxi so I leave the heads attached. The article is written misleadingly probably to generate the most outrage. I've unfortunately seen the pics attached to the petition they were horrendous but the head was attached to the rest of the skin much like a deer cape or other caped out skin

Edited by Marion
Clarification

3 minutes ago, Marion said:

To be fair he could have skinned out the easier parts similarly to a bear. Maybe he's not as good as skinning out a head. I know I can't skin out a deer head but I can definitely skin a deer and leave the head attached to the cape. 

I’d be willing to bet if he cut the head off he did so after skinning the “yotes”… or as you said, cutting the neck after caping.

We’re getting hung up on a VERY normal part of the process for a yote getting processed. A lot of people tan the hide and get a euro.

Edited by phade

Just now, phade said:

When you skin out an animal, you skin out the head too. Then you cut off the head/skull from the carcass for a euro or for mounting.

I understand that's how someone who is comfortable skinning out the head would do it.   Me, I'd skin out the body, and leave the skull for the taxi. Main reason would be freezer space, and I'd want that hide wrapped up tight to keep it from coming into contact with my packages of frozen food.  

Just now, mowin said:

I understand that's how someone who is comfortable skinning out the head would do it.   Me, I'd skin out the body, and leave the skull for the taxi. Main reason would be freezer space, and I'd want that hide wrapped up tight to keep it from coming into contact with my packages of frozen food.  

Remember that could have been  the case - you still “cut the head off” after caping a buck. We are reading what a non hunter wrote and translating it into what we understand and I don’t think they’re the same thing. I bet he did as you do for a buck or he skinned the whole thing and cut the head for the euro part.

Just now, phade said:

Remember that could have been  the case - you still “cut the head off” after caping a buck. We are reading what a non hunter wrote and translating it into what we understand and I don’t think they’re the same thing. I bet he did as you do for a buck or he skinned the whole thing and cut the head for the euro part.

Lot of possibilities.  I was just tossing a few out there. 

There's way too much info we don't have.  No use speculating based off that one poorly written article.  Does CT mandate dog collars with licenses like most places do?  If so, were those on the two domestic dogs or not?  If they are mandated but were not on the dogs, and the dogs look enough like coyotes, the so-called hunter may not be in the wrong.  Way too many variables to convict or excuse this person from his actions at this point.  

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

23 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

There's way too much info we don't have.  No use speculating based off that one poorly written article.  Does CT mandate dog collars with licenses like most places do?  If so, were those on the two domestic dogs or not?  If they are mandated but were not on the dogs, and the dogs look enough like coyotes, the so-called hunter may not be in the wrong.  Way too many variables to convict or excuse this person from his actions at this point.  

Completely agree!  He could have ended up like this guy:

https://www.nywoodsandwater.com/forums/topic/1086-georgia-hunter-suffers-hundreds-of-bite-wounds-during-brutal-dog-attack-in-the-woods/#comment-19710

Edited by DoubleDose

5 minutes ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

If you click the link, you can see pics. I was always told by taxidermists to to bring in caped or tubed with paws and head left in, so they can do the detailed work.

Link to pics from articles > https://postimg.cc/gallery/sSt27g0

You would think someone with 20 yrs experience would plainly see those are not coyotes.  

5 hours ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

If you click the link, you can see pics. I was always told by taxidermists to to bring in caped or tubed with paws and head left in, so they can do the detailed work.

Link to pics from articles > https://postimg.cc/gallery/sSt27g0

I can see where he might think its a coyote. Some people haven't been around dogs enough and or coyotes enough to know the difference. I mean I've been hunting since I was a kid and have only seen a coyote a few times before. For those that have dogs, its easy to tell just by the face that its not a coyote. For all we know he doesn't have the best eyesight either. I highly doubt he'll get in any kind of trouble. Lawyers should be able to argue this one fairly easily.