IGNORED

Night Sights On Your CCW?

Lawdwaz

Yes Larry I do . Can’t recall the brand right now , but I like them ! The front sight is both a night sight and a bright orange one in day light , the sights really pop in sunlight . I had them installed at a shop I bought them through .

I got them as the white dot in the front sight , fell out of the sight shooting one day ….so I bought new sights,wasn’t looking for night sights per se , but I do like them .

Yes, trijicon I bought a sight pusher so I do it myself. Most any decent gun shop has a sight pusher and usually installs for free if you buy from them. A serious ccw pistol needs night sights and a weapon mounted light. Bad stuff happens at night seeing your target and your sights are critical in winning!

I’m a fan of the X-ray 3 sights made by Sig. Obviously they won’t work on your Glock. There are several others that also use tritium. Ameriglo comes mind. I recently picked up a sight pusher from MGW. It works great and I can finally fine tune a few of them that were slightly off. 

13 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Yes, trijicon I bought a sight pusher so I do it myself. Most any decent gun shop has a sight pusher and usually installs for free if you buy from them. A serious ccw pistol needs night sights and a weapon mounted light. Bad stuff happens at night seeing your target and your sights are critical in winning!

that's something I've always contemplated after a retired SWAT guy I know said he'd prefer separate light. said it gives you a tactical advantage clearing rooms because your body doesn't necessarily need to be behind the light. He said a con is you've got to hang on to it. No idea what the context was though and if he did the same when on the job kicking in doors.  I think he had a weapon light that was quick disconnect on his personal stuff. I don't have any real world experience to weigh in. Thoughts? 

39 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

that's something I've always contemplated after a retired SWAT guy I know said he'd prefer separate light. said it gives you a tactical advantage clearing rooms because your body doesn't necessarily need to be behind the light. He said a con is you've got to hang on to it. No idea what the context was though and if he did the same when on the job kicking in doors.  I think he had a weapon light that was quick disconnect on his personal stuff. I don't have any real world experience to weigh in. Thoughts? 

I don’t clear rooms for a living any more when I did I wasn’t using a handgun. For a civilian a weapon mounted light is a very good idea if you’re willing to get trained in how to use it. I still carry a light on my person as part of my edc kit. My weapon light will only ever be used in times when my manual safety “if I used guns with them” would be placed in the fire position. 

my bedside 1911 has a nice light/laser combo on it and my pocket ruger lcp has a laser too. I have wanted to put night sites on my g23 forever but just never got around to it.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12