IGNORED

Favorite turkey call

nywaw

I am a Pot Call Man. Many Surfaces from Slate, Glass ,Copper, and Aluminum. 

Boxes- especially Long Boxes are close 2nd. 

Followed by Yelpers/Wingbones

Natural Voice is my Finisher.

Light Rain or Threatening- all,I use are Glass Pots.

Below is my CODY - Woodsman/Drop Dead Series.

20230301_141326.jpg

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

My absolute favorite is a ceramic pot  called  old yeller. An original knight n hale.  Ive since found the same call (model) but it is no where close to the original i have. Get the quietest birds to answer. 

A close second is the magic touch by quakerboy.  Went thru a couple before i found one that sounded just right.  

Both calls are almost 30 years old now.....

Edited by G-man

9 minutes ago, G-man said:

My absolute favorite is a ceramic pot  called  old yeller. An original knight n hale.  Ive since found the same call (model) but it is no where close to the original i have. Get the quietest birds to answer. 

A close second is the magic touch by quakerboy.  Went thru a couple before i found one that sounded just right.  

I have a K & H Old Yeller around the same age as yours. Love that thing! 

Also have an old custom box call that I use quite often too.

I will use a diaphragm call called Old Raspy Hen. Double reed and triple reed calls are great for hands free purrs when they get close.

32 minutes ago, G-man said:

I broke my old Yeller. Sat on it moving around a tree a good 7 years back.

"Sweet Cedar" custom black walnut and sassafras box call made by Bryan Southard, because is sounds and looks great. Then actually getting the job done my favorite go to call is a Will Primos Signature Series diaphragm. easy blowing and can do everything with it, quiet or loud.

Guy I went to school with makes calls and I'm keeping my eye out for a nice pieces of wood off the farm. Spalted if I come across it and okay to use. I'm going to have him make me a call and burn in the farm name on the back.

I Don't have any pics, but my favorite is my old school M.A.D. Power crystal.. It has a thinner diameter Cherry wood striker.. And i can produce a variety of tones with it. Cut, Cluck you name it, I absolutely love it. I bought a new crystal at the Tall End of last year made by JAG Outdoors, as they send some of the profits to help with Autism Research.. That will be my go to call this year,   The call has a picture on the inside and my sons name Engraved into the pot on the Backside.. 

6 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

So far mr.bill is my favorite lolol but this year I am on my own so I have 4 different  ones.  Soon I'll have a favorite .

Cynthia my partner - let me get 1 ol Gobbler Down and, I will help you again.  

You won't  be on your own.  I will help you get your 2 Gobblers.