IGNORED

Offset Property Taxes on Hunting Land

2 hours ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

I was thinking the same as GMan. Can't you "sell" one jar of exclusive farm honey for $3K or $10K to a friend to qualify?

Well if you want to drag your friend along with yourself into court for fraud , income tax evasion and I’m sure  a few other things .

856F0DFE-003E-446C-A7D1-C4DE06875502.jpeg

Edited by Nomad

9 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

One thing you can look into is WRP (wetlands reserve program) which is a federal program using US Fish & Wildlife funds through the NRCS which is the Natural Resources Conservation Service, part of the US Ag Department that puts Farm Bill funds on the ground. It is a permanent set aside program for your wetlands. If the wetlands can be enhanced or increased, they will fund most or all of that as well. As permanent wetlands, it will help lower your taxes. 

I must admit to not knowing the intricacies of NY farm assessment as it relates to taxes, but I know and work on WRP in multiple states. My firm is a TSP (technical service provider) to NRCS. We often also work with US Fish & Wildlife. Lastly, the NRCS will also fund a state approved Forester provided he or she is a TSP. They have lists of TSP foresters on your state NRCS website.  Depending on your forestry plan which doesn’t have to be harvest, they can also fund or greatly help fund your forestry activities. 

I'm thinking when we did duck ponds in our swamp with houses it was through county or state but there was someone like you setting it all up it all up doing paperwork amd procuring paper plans for it all. Idk if that makes sense. I wish I remembered and knew more but dad was the one in contact with someone.

12 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

I'm thinking when we did duck ponds in our swamp with houses it was through county or state but there was someone like you setting it all up it all up doing paperwork amd procuring paper plans for it all. Idk if that makes sense. I wish I remembered and knew more but dad was the one in contact with someone.

Most likely, yes. 

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

10 hours ago, Nomad said:

Well if you want to drag your friend along with yourself into court for fraud , income tax evasion and I’m sure  a few other things .

856F0DFE-003E-446C-A7D1-C4DE06875502.jpeg

Well technically it wouldn’t be false if you have a paper trail receipt showing 1 jar of honey sold to someone for $3K and proof of funds? But yea I guess they would investigate. But what if you had 8-10 family/friends buy them at $300 each? Idk how strict the rules are, just throwing out ideas. 

19 hours ago, G-man said:

Farm exempt .  You can also apply as tree / woodland products farm ( firewood) your suppose to sell so much $ per year . 

Need $10,000 annual sales to qualify each year. Have to show proof.

Edited by Steuben Jerry

1 hour ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

Well technically it wouldn’t be false if you have a paper trail receipt showing 1 jar of honey sold to someone for $3K and proof of funds? But yea I guess they would investigate. But what if you had 8-10 family/friends buy them at $300 each? Idk how strict the rules are, just throwing out ideas. 

Don’t know how honey “ farms” work , but I have to show all 120 acres in farm use to get all 120 acres at the AG rate. If we stopped planting 120 acres and put a few hives on say 1/4 acre that wouldn’t satisfy the requirements.

BTW another guy staying here at the condo, owns a gun shop in Rockland county , nice guy .

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

Don’t know how honey “ farms” work , but I have to show all 120 acres in farm use to get all 120 acres at the AG rate. If we stopped planting 120 acres and put a few hives on say 1/4 acre that wouldn’t satisfy the requirements.

BTW another guy staying here at the condo, owns a gun shop in Rockland county , nice guy .

@Chef is Rockland 

7 hours ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

I wouldn’t mess with tax fraud. The clink awaits. After you’re broke from fines and penalties.

On 3/4/2023 at 8:49 AM, Nomad said:

What shop does he own? 

wouldn’t be guy with long hair in a pony tail would it ?  Hair kind of grey 

Dumb question but for bees wouldn’t the acreage you have be used by the bees for pollination / feeding? I doubt the bees stay on the acres you have the hive, and don’t people rotate the hives to different locales based on what’s in bloom/pollination timeframe?