IGNORED

Kill or harvest

I do a fair amount of public speaking, and I like to get that shock value when I can to get people's attention.  If I'm talking about the over abundance of deer in relationship to the health of the riparian corridor, then I prefer to remind my audience that we need to kill more deer.  Harvest always sounded to me like picking apples or pears.  Or cutting corn or soybeans, but not shooting and killing game animals.  

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

I’ve never put a second of thought into it until I listened to them talk about it today. I’ve never used the term harvest if, I’m hunting Its to kill. I harvest fruits and vegetables. That being said I don’t mingle with people that aren’t like me very often and if I do I couldn’t give a shit if they don’t like that I kill critters.

I don't think much about it to be honest. Harvest, fill a tag, kill- whatever my brain decides to put forth at that moment in time. I did upset someone recently when they asked if I caught any coyotes and I said: "I wasn't out there with a fishing pole, I was out there with a rifle to kill them not dangle a jig on their fn nose!". I'm not sure they were too happy with that reply from the expression on their face.

I don't feed the trolls.

2 hours ago, DirtTime said:

I don't think much about it to be honest. Harvest, fill a tag, kill- whatever my brain decides to put forth at that moment in time. I did upset someone recently when they asked if I caught any coyotes and I said: "I wasn't out there with a fishing pole, I was out there with a rifle to kill them not dangle a jig on their fn nose!". I'm not sure they were too happy with that reply from the expression on their face.

A simple no would have done . It's a legitimate question considering people trap coyotes.

I tend to temper this based on my audience.  Kill/harvest/shot/got... all the same thing to me. 

I've got a buddy who puts time and effort into land development with a goal of shooting 5 or 6 deer each season.  It actually reminds me of a farmer tending their garden.  Makes me appreciate the idea that he's harvesting meat for his family. 

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

Sometimes I catch them instead of killing them!  :rofl:     

live pheasant.jpeg

Assuming stocked birds?  I've heard stories of having to actually kick the birds to get them to fly at times, so I could see someone scooping one up.