IGNORED

March Madness

2BuckBizCT

The greatest 2 days of sports start today. 16 games today, 16 tomorrow. The field is wide open. Any of the top 15-20 teams could win it. We got a dandy first round matchup between Westchester County's Iona and UConn. We got an assistant to murder playing for the #1 overall seed Alabama. We got another NY team in it with # 15 Colgate. 

With Michigan playing in the lowly NIT, go UConn!!!!

24 minutes ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

The greatest 2 days of sports start today. 16 games today, 16 tomorrow. The field is wide open. Any of the top 15-20 teams could win it. We got a dandy first round matchup between Westchester County's Iona and UConn. We got an assistant to murder playing for the #1 overall seed Alabama. We got another NY team in it with # 15 Colgate. 

With Michigan playing in the lowly NIT, go UConn!!!!

Uconn has Andre Jackson, went to a school here in Albany, freak of an athlete. I agree, going to be widfe open. Being a 'Cuse fan, im no as interested yet again, but i have Arizona, Purdue, Houston, and UCLA  with UCLA over Arizona in the final. I think Virginia's D stimies Alabama. And who know how many players Bama will have if they keep taking eachother out, literally. 

Edited by SilentStalker

Just now, SilentStalker said:

Uconn has Andre Jackson, went to a school here in Albany, freak of an athelete. I agree, going to be widfe open. Being a 'Cuse fan, im no as interested yet again, but i have Arizona, Purdue, Houston, and UCLA  with UCLA over Arizona in the final. I think Virginia's D stimies Alabama. And who know how many players Bama will have if they keep taking eachother out, literally. 

haha, Brandon Miller is traveling with armed security. He must be getting death threats.

I've always been a Michigan fan since Fab 5 in basketball and football. But also always followed UConn since it's closeby and I played against Ben Gordon growing up before he went there. Then my brother went to undergrad there and I partied with the tallest person I ever stood next to (Thabeet)- I think he was 7-3"? He showed up to an outdoor parking lot party with AJ Price. It was pretty cool. Now that I live in UConn I can't help but to root for them even more.

My bracket will be shot right off bat. I pick Vermont pulling upset over Marquette. It's just across lake from where I live. Place when I was younger I shadowed Vermont hall of Fame coach Tom Brennan. When Vermont beat Syracuse. Also picked Arizona taking it over Gonzaga in finals.

1 hour ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

haha, Brandon Miller is traveling with armed security. He must be getting death threats.

I've always been a Michigan fan since Fab 5 in basketball and football. But also always followed UConn since it's closeby and I played against Ben Gordon growing up before he went there. Then my brother went to undergrad there and I partied with the tallest person I ever stood next to (Thabeet)- I think he was 7-3"? He showed up to an outdoor parking lot party with AJ Price. It was pretty cool. Now that I live in UConn I can't help but to root for them even more.

I was a Jalen fan back then, but always diehard SU, especally guys like Lawrence Moten and my boy Devendorf later on.

Ben Gordon played at Mt. Vernon, they have put out some good players over the years and some really good teams. I believe my alma mater beat them in State Championship in '08 maybe.

I hated Uconn being a Big East opponent for SU, miss those days, hate that SU went to the ACC, but money talks. I always had respect for Calhoun, old school an hard nosed coach who got he most out of his kids. 

1 hour ago, SilentStalker said:

I was a Jalen fan back then, but always diehard SU, especally guys like Lawrence Moten and my boy Devendorf later on.

Ben Gordon played at Mt. Vernon, they have put out some good players over the years and some really good teams. I believe my alma mater beat them in State Championship in '08 maybe.

I hated Uconn being a Big East opponent for SU, miss those days, hate that SU went to the ACC, but money talks. I always had respect for Calhoun, old school an hard nosed coach who got he most out of his kids. 

I loved Webber. So much I followed the Bullets and Kings. It killed me that he would pulled off the upset and beat Shaq/Kobe to get a ring, if not for the gambling paid off referee who went to prison. That was his ring! He was awesome when not hurt.

and yea, westchester keeps pumping out huge basketball names. I got to see Elton brand growing up at Peekskill. Now stepinac moreso than Mt. Vernon. RJ Davis, AJ Griffin, etc. Spider Mitchell from westchester too but went to private school in CT

Edited by 2BuckBizCT

6 minutes ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

I loved Webber. So much I followed the Bullets and Kings. It killed me that he would pulled off the upset and beat Shaq/Kobe to get a ring, if not for the gambling paid off referee who went to prison. That was his ring! He was awesome when not hurt.

and yea, westchester keeps pumping out huge basketball names. I got to see Elton brand growing up at Peekskill. Now stepinac moreso than Mt. Vernon. RJ Davis, AJ Griffin, etc. Spider Mitchell from westchester too but went to private school in CT

My best friend growing up was Webber lunatic. The Warriors are still his favorite team because of that.

Kevin Jones was no slouch too, played for Huggins at WV, think he played in the league. I hate the NBA, its garbage. Bring back the 80's when it was actually physical.

Edited by SilentStalker

4 minutes ago, SilentStalker said:

My best friend growing up was Webber lunatic. The Warriors are still his favorite team because of that.

Kevin Jones was no slouch too, played for Huggins at WV, think he played in the league. I hate the NBA, its garbage. Bring back the 80's when it was actually physical.

I agree. I don't watch NBA until game 7 of the nba finals the final 4 minutes. It sucks. I still love college though. and in my attic I still have my # 4 warriors webber jersey. Him and Lenny Dykstra are the reason i wore # 4 in all sports as a  kid.