IGNORED

Feature Removal: Tapatalk removed effective 11/12/2022

nywaw

All, per the Tapatalk Usage Poll and Opinions topic, we are going to remove it given the CONs listed and feedback received.  I really appreciate you guys providing your feedback! The great majority either didn't use Tapatalk or were OK with using the website instead (some of whom were regular Tapatalk users and liked or even preferred the website's responsive mobile design).

In the event someone browses this topic and has any difficulty transitioning to viewing the website on their device's browser, please Contact Us and we will work through any issues. :up:

Direct link: https://www.nywoodsandwater.com/contact/

Thanks again for everyone's understanding, it's greatly appreciated! :up:

1 hour ago, yfki1983 said:

Is there any other app? I dont know what the issue was with tapatalk. So much easier. 

Be sure to read the linked topic in the first post. It discusses the whys and also has screenshots of how to add a bookmark to your Home Screen so it's like an app :up:

1 hour ago, yfki1983 said:

Is there any other app? I dont know what the issue was with tapatalk. So much easier. 

actually the website is much easier. no battery drain, limited to no ads and all the features of like, dislike etc. If you need an app, install chrome and just set the site as a favorite. 

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12

What I have found being a former Tapatalk user myself is that many of us is resistant to any and all change.  Once forced to make this particular change, there is nothing you will miss about Tapatalk.   

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

36 minutes ago, Belo said:

actually the website is much easier. no battery drain, limited to no ads and all the features of like, dislike etc. If you need an app, install chrome and just set the site as a favorite. 

I just want to be upfront that at some point ads will be added, similar to the NJ site. I also am going to open header and footer as spaces (728x90) to members so they can advertise their businesses for FREE (members helping members is a great thing) ! :up:

23 minutes ago, Belo said:

like not being asked to pay to be a vip member, or only uploading lower resolution pictures? Yeah what's not to miss... 

I'm definitely not looking to limit resolutions or sizes. Some things like video via a CDN are limited to 100mb without paying a significant price to increase it.  I wish there was better YouTube integration on this software, that really is the best video solution (or Vimeo)

57 minutes ago, nywaw said:

I just want to be upfront that at some point ads will be added, similar to the NJ site. I also am going to open header and footer as spaces (728x90) to members so they can advertise their businesses for FREE (members helping members is a great thing) ! :up:

of course. nobody is expecting you to run a forum out of your own pocket. But tapatalk's adds are super intrusive and annoying. I somehow "accidently" click them just trying to scroll. Hate, hate, hate that app and their design. The biggest issue of all though was no control over your uploaded pics. Once they're uploaded they're theirs and you can't delete them.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12

3 hours ago, Dr Juice said:

Negative. Tapatalk has been user friendly for me. 

I understand.  While it is user friendly for some or even many, the site can't overlook the negatives discussed in the other topic.  Hopefully you can transition and get more comfortable with the website.  If you have questions along the way, just let us know.