IGNORED

Watcha Eatin?

Robhuntandfish

3 hours ago, mowin said:

Anyone else into smoking meats/foods? 

What ya got for pits?  

I've got a GMG Daniel Boone pellet grill, and a bubba grills 250g reverse flow stick burner. I do whole hog cooks for parties as a side gig.  

IMG_20190706_064753974.jpg

Yes, but not on your scale!  

0084EE35-F4B4-4662-95A6-3BF6AD225474.jpeg

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

15 hours ago, corydd7 said:

Eight pounds of glory! Trying something different, hopefully with positive results. 

20221105_163019.jpg

Years ago I smoked a pork butt for 8-10 hrs IIRC and eventually shredded it. Then having to reheat it. A friend then said to smoke it for 3-4 hours as it really doesnt take smoke after that anyhow. Then throw it in a crockpot with a beer on low from 8-24 hours. I will NEVER go full smoke again. The house smells soooo good, remove blade bone with tongs and stir with tongs. Tender and juicy af. Homemade slaw, bbq sauce and you're done. Now i want to do this again soon

Edited by turkeyfeathers

9 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Years ago I smoked a pork butt for 8-10 hrs IIRC and eventually shredded it. Then having to reheat it. A friend then said to smoke it for 3-4 hours as it really doesnt take smoke after that anyhow. Then throw it in a crockpot with a beer on low from 8-24 hours. I will NEVER go full smoke again. The house smells soooo good, remove blade bone with tongs and stir with tongs. Tender and juicy af. Homemade slaw, bbq sauce and you're done. Now i want to do this again soon

I like that idea. I usually don’t smoke anything big and time consuming because well I just don’t have that kind of time on my hands but the crockpot idea is a while different ballgame