IGNORED

2022 Firearm Success Pics

mowin

23 minutes ago, boo711 said:

Had a good opening day. And a great opening weekend down at camp. Had a spike opening day a little after 6:30 come in directly to my right working his way across the hill. Was digging through my pack at that point getting my binoculars out.   Could see he had some headgear but couldn’t make out “what” he had. Ditched getting the binoculars out and looked through scope. Could see it was a spike. He ended up passing in front of me at 5 yds. Was looking at him through the logs in my blind as he passed. Watched him walk into the thick stuff as he continued across the hill. 
A little after 8 I looked to my left and here comes a buck on the same trail the spike was on, just in the opposite direction. He got right in front of my blind, saw me flinch, scared him and he jumped sideways and took a coupe steps sideways. Maybe 10 yds away. Got the cross hairs on him and fired.   Could see the blood pumping out as he ran. Dropped about 40 yards up the hill. A8DC6B84-0C59-4547-9D23-EDF09ADE6BBC.jpeg.8fec89b20b9be50e2560895ce72cdb56.jpegAbout 20 minutes later I walked up the hill and dragged him down the hill just past my blind to about 20 yds from the road. Hopped back in blind, was having a bite to eat and filling out my tag. Looked up the hill and had 6 does at about 60 yards making there way across the hill. Then the big one comes behind them. They eventually made there way in front of me and kept going across the hill. 45 minutes later I hear my cousin shoot. He got the big boy. 
BC95B45B-7127-4CB6-8F80-6F9D076BF060.png.401adfb02123488898a77bdc8bcd3f9a.pngMy brother ended up with an 8 pointer also Saturday morning and my father got 2 does also. 79 years old. Was really happy for him.   Was a good weekend.  Closed up camp for the week this morning and will be heading home shortly. Wishing Thanksgiving wasn’t this week so I could stay here until Sunday. Unfortunately we have 28 people converging on our house Thursday for dinner. Wife told me this morning you’ve been gone since last Wednesday, you’ve got stuff to do, get home.  Lol.  She followed that up with, let’s get through thanksgiving and then if you want to live at camp for the rest of the year that is fine. I’m not sure if that is a blessing or if she is trying to get rid of me???🤔🤔🤔

D658DFDB-5F14-4DEF-8A1A-F9CBC3F78A5C.jpeg.fa9980e633af66569758869602b3cac2.jpeg

Doesn't get much better than that, heck of an Opening Day for your crew. Congrats to all!