IGNORED

Bachelor group series

nice.  lot of bucks right there. you're not a high deer density WMU per DEC reporting but goes to show what all your efforts and being a land steward can do. You can have great hunting on well under 200 acres with good practices and good neighbors. especially if good neighbors are substantial acreage.

7 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

nice.  lot of bucks right there. you're not a high deer density WMU per DEC reporting but goes to show what all your efforts and being a land steward can do. You can have great hunting on well under 200 acres with good practices and good neighbors. especially if good neighbors are substantial acreage.

There have been  years when dec reported by town my property was 10% according to their #  . I know all the deer from here are reported  im kind of anal about that..  That report just tells me dec reporting is a joke.  Most dont report and dec guesses.. 

As for population  i  manage my habitat very heavily. Lots of camps to north and south  of me. But  property is large with a sanctuary larger than mosts  hunting properties.

5 minutes ago, G-man said:

There have been  years when dec reported by town my property was 10% according to their #  . I know all the deer from here are reported  im kind of anal about that..  That report just tells me dec reporting is a joke.  Most dont report and dec guesses.. 

As for population  i  manage my habitat very heavily. Lots of camps to north and south  of me. But  property is large with a sanctuary larger than mosts  hunting properties.

i agree reporting can use some help in parts of the state and that DEC made their own bed with reporting being law but them saying it's fine using what little reporting we got. Running a large qdm co-op i feel their pain though too with trying to get folks to report. Sanctuaries are something we use too with lots of success. that can be a hard pill to swallow for some landowners, the smaller properties get.