Jump to content
IGNORED

Trouble receiving HD pics on Tactacam Reveal after 3.0 app update?


nywaw

Recommended Posts

I have Gen 1 cams, and am not receiving any HD pics I request.  Going on 36+ hours of waiting and multiple cam "last updated" cycles.  Have a ticket open but figured I'd check to see if anyone else was having trouble?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i have three cams out- two of which are about three years old, another is only a few months old.  All three started sending what look like HD pictures a week or so ago.  i didn't do anything- it seems like the update just happened on it's own.  Unless there's something i'm missing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mowin said:

I don't have any cams out, but hopefully they have everything worked out before September. 

Every major cam company has released new or updated apps and firmware in the past three months. They do this as part of their product and service lifecycle. The goal is to have everything rocking for peak use season. Invariably one or two have issues with servers, but c’est la vie with cell cams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, phade said:

Every major cam company has released new or updated apps and firmware in the past three months. They do this as part of their product and service lifecycle. The goal is to have everything rocking for peak use season. Invariably one or two have issues with servers, but c’est la vie with cell cams.

Just about all I saw had some decent fathers day sales too. 

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I worked with Tactacam support yesterday on this, still no resolution.  They saw some failures/timeouts on picture sends and suggested I change the SD card since it was full.  I did that and am waiting for the next refresh cycle of the cam to see if the HD pics come through.  I tend to leave my cams with the same SD card in "loop" overwrite mode, so wondering if the read access slows down over time with all the overwrites or something.  Will see what happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, nywaw said:

I worked with Tactacam support yesterday on this, still no resolution.  They saw some failures/timeouts on picture sends and suggested I change the SD card since it was full.  I did that and am waiting for the next refresh cycle of the cam to see if the HD pics come through.  I tend to leave my cams with the same SD card in "loop" overwrite mode, so wondering if the read access slows down over time with all the overwrites or something.  Will see what happens.

i have it on loop too but always swap card with a clean formatted one. never had an issue. it's just very time consuming going through that many photos with a photo dump. other thing i'm thinking is make sure you're not in the higher MP settings. That would probably add to it. I think all mine are at most 12MP and probably mostly 8MP. have never set any of them to 16MP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, phade said:

Every major cam company has released new or updated apps and firmware in the past three months. They do this as part of their product and service lifecycle. The goal is to have everything rocking for peak use season. Invariably one or two have issues with servers, but c’est la vie with cell cams.

one thing i'm not certain about that you maybe already posted. should we be bringing in the cams and somehow doing a firmware update somehow?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

i have it on loop too but always swap card with a clean formatted one. never had an issue. it's just very time consuming going through that many photos with a photo dump. other thing i'm thinking is make sure you're not in the higher MP settings. That would probably add to it. I think all mine are at most 12MP and probably mostly 8MP. have never set any of them to 16MP.

Yeah mine are on 12MP.  I just tend to leave them in place for long periods, and we can use bait down here so it's a lot of pics.  I should probably swap the card out with a formatted one every couple months or something.  The one at my house has probably be in there for like 2 years and 100K+ pics lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I try to swap my cards on my cells every so often just because full cards can be finicky and also if some a$$clown finds the cam, the less "big bucks" he sees the better haha.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

I try to swap my cards on my cells every so often just because full cards can be finicky and also if some a$$clown finds the cam, the less "big bucks" he sees the better haha.

See I leave mine for the opposite reason.  When someone steals my cards, all they see is squirrels and spikes, so they never hunt there.  :rofl:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, nywaw said:

I worked with Tactacam support yesterday on this, still no resolution.  They saw some failures/timeouts on picture sends and suggested I change the SD card since it was full.  I did that and am waiting for the next refresh cycle of the cam to see if the HD pics come through.  I tend to leave my cams with the same SD card in "loop" overwrite mode, so wondering if the read access slows down over time with all the overwrites or something.  Will see what happens.

I never use overwrite except when it’s a distance thing. Meaning I’ll move the card over last second if I can’t get to it. I NEVER use that option otherwise and wish it was made more difficult to engage, personally. The industry thinks otherwise as it can reduce CS calls, but I believe it’s the opposite. They’re be-laboring the cheapest modality of failure in the tech. The SD card…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

one thing i'm not certain about that you maybe already posted. should we be bringing in the cams and somehow doing a firmware update somehow?

Their firmware is not OTA. You need to loaded the firmware to the SD and can do the process in the field if need be. Following directions is paramount though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My tactacam HD pics take forever to come through . My only advice is to try requesting them early in the morning . There has to be something with the servers and the traffic volume because early morning pics come rather quickly as opposed to later in the day it could take til morning to get them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

My tactacam HD pics take forever to come through . My only advice is to try requesting them early in the morning . There has to be something with the servers and the traffic volume because early morning pics come rather quickly as opposed to later in the day it could take til morning to get them.

Mine come through instantly. Like literally under 20 seconds

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...