Daily Chuckle

Splitear

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, NYRturkeycall said:

No images showing?

On my phone it shows a "play" button but no image until you click play. I thought it would be different on the site, but all I see is a link to download. 

@nywaw, is there a way to imbed uploaded videos/photos into a post so they play directly from the post?

28 minutes ago, Splitear said:

On my phone it shows a "play" button but no image until you click play. I thought it would be different on the site, but all I see is a link to download. 

@nywaw, is there a way to imbed uploaded videos/photos into a post so they play directly from the post?

The problem is device/browser vs movie file type compatibility.  This is why some can play certain uploaded movies while others can't.  The movie issue has been a problem for embedding and the best solution is uploading to YouTube and posting a YouTube link here where it will auto embed and be compatible across all devices and browsers. 

Did you see the other site solve for this somehow in a different way?  If so I can check out what they did

8 minutes ago, nywaw said:

The problem is device/browser vs movie file type compatibility.  This is why some can play certain uploaded movies while others can't.  The movie issue has been a problem for embedding and the best solution is uploading to YouTube and posting a YouTube link here where it will auto embed and be compatible across all devices and browsers. 

Did you see the other site solve for this somehow in a different way?  If so I can check out what they did

Nope, honestly I'd never uploaded this way, I had just come across a couple of videos that I had to screen record since they didn't have a sharing option. This makes sense since iPhone downloads to .mov. I'll try it now that I'm on my laptop.

Is it possible for you to delete the old ones if the embedded ones work?

Edited by Splitear

4 minutes ago, Splitear said:

Nope, honestly I'd never uploaded this way, I had just come across a couple of videos that I had to screen record since they didn't have a sharing option. This makes sense since iPhone downloads to .mov. I'll try it now that I'm on my laptop.

Is it possible for you to delete the old ones if the embedded ones work?

Yes I can do cleanup.  Just let me know where.  You can also edit your posts.  Once you reach a certain member level you can edit indefinitely. 

6 minutes ago, nywaw said:

Yes I can do cleanup.  Just let me know where.  You can also edit your posts.  Once you reach a certain member level you can edit indefinitely. 

That seemed to work. If you want to delete the first two with download links (from yesterday) that would be great. I'm not able to edit them, I think they've been up to long. Thanks for helping with this, all user error on my end.