IGNORED

Heated vest review

Nomad

Since this has come up a few times, I figured I’d start a thread, couldn’t find any “ gear review “ area so here it is

I have the Ororo nylon  heated vest . I know many with this vest and all seem to like it ,as do I , I know nothing about the other brands though . There’s three heat zones ,  neck, a back area and the hand pockets , which is fine but I’ve never put my hands in the pockets as the vest is under my coat . The walk in generally keeps me warm for a hour or so , so,on cold days that’s about when I turn it on ,there’s three settings .High lasts idk 3 -4 hours or about one full sit for me , medium will go that time and still have 3/4 of a charge and is generally enough heat for me under the conditions I will hunt in . Now if you run it dead don’t expect it to fully charge during a mid day break , It takes awhile .

the battery has some size, but I don’t really even know it’s there , which is in a dedicated side pocket . They have a slimmer battery now as well .

Bewhare ,our daughter and sil wore theirs to a Bills game , NO GO ! They don’t allow the batteries in for who knows why .

Also buy a larger size, as Rob said in the other thread, I’m 5’9 190 I wear between L and XL  I have the XL and it’s not baggy .

https://www.ororowear.com/pages/2022-black-friday-cyber-monday

500A31A3-5C1B-4CE1-9807-9CFF0DFB252B.jpeg

BC9E20B2-B276-4EEF-9A96-CA5ADD014A84.jpeg

Edited by Nomad

Got one two years ago and it's one of things that you say.....wth didn't I get one before this.  

As Nomad says battery takes a full overnight to charge. But I've never run it out on a am/pm day of hunting.  

Also the battery is a backup to charge the phone if needed. Battery fits right in the small pocket and you don't know it's there. 

Mine has 4 heat zones but doesn't have the heated pockets.  Love it when I start to get chilly at the end of the hunt.....I remember oh yeah turn on the vest.  Def makes it far more bearable to stay.  

I put it on over a tee shirt then a shirt over it. Or even under a one piece long John. 

Def order at least 1 size bigger than you think.  I ordered one and I couldn't even zip it.  Had to send it back for a bigger one. 

IMG_20221124_093247559_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221124_093228799_HDR.jpg

"it's pointless for humans to paint scenes of nature when they can go outside and stand in it"- Ron Swanson

I have a cheap vest from Amazon made by Ejoy (or Gokozy) that comes with a rechargable battery for less than 60 bucks, and it's on year three. Two of my friends have exactly the same vest, one of them for longer than me. I did purchase an extra battery for it that I keep in my pack, even though the run time is as Nomad states above. I really only wear it on low, and then only after I've been in stand for a few hours on a really cold day. Perhaps the more expensive vests are better, and I do like to purchase stuff made in the USA when possible, but here's the link anyway: https://www.amazon.com/10000mah-Battery-Electric-Hunting-Motorcycling/dp/B09D2JHCQT/ref=sr_1_6?crid=23YV9IU64F98G&keywords=ejoy+heated+vest&qid=1669635656&sprefix=ejoy+heated+vest%2Caps%2C93&sr=8-6

I also ran into The Warming Store a few weeks ago. Their inventory is unreal. My buddy bought electric socks this year and loves them, but I worry about socks since they need to be washed much more frequently than a vest (which I haven't attempted to wash yet actually...it's a midlayer). They're expensive, too! But I suspect the price will come down in time.