Jump to content
IGNORED

How Much Rest Between Weight Workouts/ Leroy Colbert


blackbeltbill

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

depends on muscle group and intensity. sometimes whatever i did takes days to recover. sometimes it's just a day. you'll know when you go to use those same muscles back to 100% or close enough.

 I have used the Full Body Workout 3 times a week for Decades now. I followed it for  Bodybuilding  Contests,I entered from 1978 to 1982.

 I have not lost any Muscle yet and,I will be 64 soon. 

  As Leroy says- stay away from the Juice/Steroids. One of my best life decisions  was not to take any Steroids.  Plenty of guys were on the Juice at the Gym,I trained at for Decades. Some of them have passed on...

   The 3 day a week Training gives me plenty of time to practice Boxing/50+ years now and mma/42+ years now. 

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

idk @blackbeltbill i'm certain it's scientific fact everyone losses muscle mass as they age leading up to their 60's. look at Arnald, he's still very much doing the same routine and eating clean. he's in great physical shape, yet less muscle. nothing against you staying as active as your life has allowed, because that's always a good thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

idk @blackbeltbill i'm certain it's scientific fact everyone losses muscle mass as they age leading up to their 60's. look at Arnald, he's still very much doing the same routine and eating clean. he's in great physical shape, yet less muscle. nothing against you staying as active as your life has allowed, because that's always a good thing.

Here you go. This picture was taken on This past June 25th. 

20230629_112334.jpg

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I gotta say, I do each body part about once a week .broke down to  Chest/back, legs, shoulder ( band work only ) tri’s and bi’s . Chest back of course hits bi’ tri’and shoulders some . If I’m not sore for days I feel I had a bad workout .

Back in the day everyone at Sampsons on Lyell Ave did chest back on Monday & Thur, shoulders arms Tue and Friday and leg’s Wednesday and Sat . Some switched to push / pull once in awhile that actually made more sense, the other way you’d blast your tri’s on Tue then have to bench on Thursday while they were still sore .

  Now everything’s sore but my muscles!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nomad said:

I gotta say, I do each body part about once a week .broke down to  Chest/back, legs, shoulder ( band work only ) tri’s and bi’s . Chest back of course hits bi’ tri’and shoulders some . If I’m not sore for days I feel I had a bad workout .

Back in the day everyone at Sampsons on Lyell Ave did chest back on Monday & Thur, shoulders arms Tue and Friday and leg’s Wednesday and Sat . Some switched to push / pull once in awhile that actually made more sense, the other way you’d blast your tri’s on Tue then have to bench on Thursday while they were still sore .

  Now everything’s sore but my muscles!

Thanks for sharing. 

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ever since getting out of the Marine Corps I have stopped working out completely. I feel working out is an absolute waste of time. I’m far from being on the cover of men’s fitness but by staying active and and not being a slug I keep myself in pretty good shape especially for someone that has a ruined shoulder and that’s been told by a half a dozen doctors that I shouldn’t be able to walk with the condition of my back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Ever since getting out of the Marine Corps I have stopped working out completely. I feel working out is an absolute waste of time. I’m far from being on the cover of men’s fitness but by staying active and and not being a slug I keep myself in pretty good shape especially for someone that has a ruined shoulder and that’s been told by a half a dozen doctors that I shouldn’t be able to walk with the condition of my back. 

   I hear you. I absolutely love to walk also. On Trail- off Trail- the road-( facing traffic) and put the miles in.

  I never stopped Lifting weights on my 3 day a week Full body routine. Even after Patti passed in 2017 and,I cut back my weight lifting to a bare minimum of 1 set a body part and ate nonstop going from around 205 to 255lbs and eating in despair. Good thing,I don't smoke or drink- well just on Holidays is all or,I would have been in worse condition.

  You can actually  see my body change in my 8 videos over time. The Mayor on the old Site mentioned, I was Fat.

  Well- not anymore- down to 206lbs at 5'9" and Arms are back up to 18". Muscle memory and now a good 5 to 6 sets a body part.  

  You can carry this muscle as an older dude and,I will be 64 real soon. 

  But working out is a waste of time?! 

  To each their own.

  And the Boxing/Martial Arts Training has never been stopped either. I actually  train those disciplines at Midnight usually year round. 

  So important  to be Mentally  and Physically prepared for anything that might come along. Especially  when you have some age on your ass. 

 So many people  today quit completely all weight lifting as well as Martial arts training. 

 Probably  working in Warehouses for Decades gave me a different  mindset as,I worked with the Toughest hombres- many straight out of Prison. A slight nod of respect goes miles with these men and is returned to you. And prevents a Brutal parking lot clash later at some point. 

     Years back,I worked with a guy who came to the warehouse at age 74. 17" arms on him that had many 20 something men taking a second look in awe. He also trained in martial arts. Worked with him for 10 years. His favorite  supplements were Zinc and Knox unsweetened Gelatin.  The same supplements  that Steve Reeves took and,I take as well. 

  Out to mow the lawn- later.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

   I hear you. I absolutely love to walk also. On Trail- off Trail- the road-( facing traffic) and put the miles in.

  I never stopped Lifting weights on my 3 day a week Full body routine. Even after Patti passed in 2017 and,I cut back my weight lifting to a bare minimum of 1 set a body part and ate nonstop going from around 205 to 255lbs and eating in despair. Good thing,I don't smoke or drink- well just on Holidays is all or,I would have been in worse condition.

  You can actually  see my body change in my 8 videos over time. The Mayor on the old Site mentioned, I was Fat.

  Well- not anymore- down to 206lbs at 5'9" and Arms are back up to 18". Muscle memory and now a good 5 to 6 sets a body part.  

  You can carry this muscle as an older dude and,I will be 64 real soon. 

  But working out is a waste of time?! 

  To each their own.

  And the Boxing/Martial Arts Training has never been stopped either. I actually  train those disciplines at Midnight usually year round. 

  So important  to be Mentally  and Physically prepared for anything that might come along. Especially  when you have some age on your ass. 

 So many people  today quit completely all weight lifting as well as Martial arts training. 

 Probably  working in Warehouses for Decades gave me a different  mindset as,I worked with the Toughest hombres- many straight out of Prison. A slight nod of respect goes miles with these men and is returned to you. And prevents a Brutal parking lot clash later at some point. 

     Years back,I worked with a guy who came to the warehouse at age 74. 17" arms on him that had many 20 something men taking a second look in awe. He also trained in martial arts. Worked with him for 10 years. His favorite  supplements were Zinc and Knox unsweetened Gelatin.  The same supplements  that Steve Reeves took and,I take as well. 

  Out to mow the lawn- later.

Just imagine if instead of wasting your time working out if you did something productive with that time over your life what could have been accomplished. I’ve split by hand  and delivered 13 cord of firewood this year so far. I have a  hydraulic splitter but I do it by hand for the “workout”. I’m not getting rich by any means but I’ve made enough to buy some guns and ammo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Just imagine if instead of wasting your time working out if you did something productive with that time over your life what could have been accomplished. I’ve split by hand  and delivered 13 cord of firewood this year so far. I have a  hydraulic splitter but I do it by hand for the “workout”. I’m not getting rich by any means but I’ve made enough to buy some guns and ammo.

  We disagree on the subject of " wasting your time" as far as lifting weights . I could throw Martial Arts and Boxing in there as well.   It is what it is- just let it go.

  

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And yet nobody here talks about diet. Hey look at my arms. Also, hey look at my gut. Your diet and what you put into your body is up to 70% of your physique. It's still astonishing to me how some don't understand this, or ignore it. This isn't opinion, but simple fact supported by thousands of trainers, physicians, coaches etc. Calories in and calories out is part of it, but balance and a lack of "junk" calories is important too.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...