Click here to learn about our T-Shirt Redemption Program! ×
IGNORED

Deer Association at Wash Cty Fair!

I'm at the Washington County Fair tonight at our "booth". Upper Hudson River Valley branch of the National Deer Association actually has a whole log cabin at the southeast end of the fairgrounds. I'm here tonight until 7pm then in and out until 10pm. My schedule later in the week is TBD. We're giving away a free trail cam and other stuff. Come in, say hi, and check some local nice bucks that were taken in the last season or two!

IMG_2489.jpg

2 hours ago, mowin said:

My wife and I were talking about going, but plans changed.. 

We will be at the Columbia Co fair over labor day weekend though. 

We do three fairs a year; Saratoga, washington county, and schaghticoke. I'll be back probably this weekend or 4-7pm during the week if I can't find someone to fill a shift. Busy night tonight. Lots of people on fair grounds.

13 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

We do three fairs a year; Saratoga, washington county, and schaghticoke. I'll be back probably this weekend or 4-7pm during the week if I can't find someone to fill a shift. Busy night tonight. Lots of people on fair grounds.

Tell that bum Tony to shoot a real deer lol. We used to work together before he retired. 

3 minutes ago, SilentStalker said:

Tell that bum Tony to shoot a real deer lol. We used to work together before he retired. 

no longer a board member in official capacity but is graciously helping fill a shift Saturday 10am-1pm. By executive order as branch President I fully encourage maximum attendance to bust balls and harass him.

Probably not supposed to be announcing this but for those of you thinking about heading to the Washington County fair... NYS Director of Forest Rangers John Solan will be at the log cabin from 1pm to 4pm. He'll discuss anything NYS Forest Ranger or forestry related.

I'll be there today from 4-7pm. Stop in and introduce yourself if you'll be there! Then from 7pm-10pm tonight owner of Whitney's Hunting Supply will be there that can answer many gear related questions and what people are using these days.

Tomorrow (Saturday) from 10am-1pm Tony from Foothills Habitat Consultants will be at the cabin. Then from 7-10pm Warren County Cornell Cooperative Extension Director John Bowe will be there to answer any CCE, 4-H Youth Shooting Sports, or hunter education related questions.

Sunday John Bowe will be there again from 1-4pm.

Also on Sunday from 4-7pm, the National Deer Association's Director of Conservation Matt Ross will be there with any latest and greatest info relating to deer research and biology.

I'll likely be kickin around to fill in the gaps somewhere.