IGNORED

Sharks

Skillet

Down in the Keys, my nephew hooked into a bull shark that he fought for almost 3 hrs, we only got a glimpse of it a couple times as the water is so muddy, but the captain said he's never seen one that size in that area.  Ended up snapping the line.  

What species are you looking to go after? I'm sure some must be easier than others. 

39 minutes ago, mowin said:

Down in the Keys, my nephew hooked into a bull shark that he fought for almost 3 hrs, we only got a glimpse of it a couple times as the water is so muddy, but the captain said he's never seen one that size in that area.  Ended up snapping the line.  

What species are you looking to go after? I'm sure some must be easier than others. 

If I had my choice, I'd catch a Hammerhead, but I'd be happy with any shark at all.

"Who the son sets free, is free indeed"  John 8:36

Tons of opportunities in season from NY beaches or in a boat. I have buddies that love to shark fish the Jersey beaches and offshore. You certainly don’t need to go all the way to the Keys. But I’m not that guy that knows the working details. 

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

They have been all over the south shore of LI the past few years.  Especially Threshers on the bunker pods.  Folks have been catching them off the beach.  They are easy to catch.  Be aware of the regulations.  Mako has a two year moratorium; no taking.  If you are going to fish for sharks you will need a NYS Marine Fisheries registration AND  a Federal Highly Migratory Species permit.  Hooks can only be non-offset non-stainless steel circle hooks.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...