IGNORED

Orange Break-up Softshell or Alternative?

Upstate Nerdneck

Normally I only wear orange during gun, but this year I'm stuck wearing it during bow on the alcove.  Don't want to wear my bulky/beat up old Cabela's vest.  Was thinking of soft shell with a orange break up pattern?  Something light that's not solid orange.  Anyone have any recommendations?

https://www.legendarywhitetails.com/product/mens-huntguard-bullfrog-technical-softshell-gaiter-hoodie-8046.html

That's the closest thing I've seen to what I'm looking for.  Or a very light vest I could just throw on over whatever?

https://wildfowler.com/wildfowler-soft-shell-jacket-digital-upland/

Which one of these looks quieter?  Going to be doing a lot of sneaking and setting up.  Maybe I'd be better off just getting a fleece hoodie for the quiet factor?

Edited by Upstate Nerdneck
Spelling is hard

I have a Cabelas vest in the same pattern as the Legendary.  I checked their website but they no longer sell it.  I like that pattern and that looks like it would be quiet too.

All you need is a hat to meet the law. Unless the  “Alcove” has stricter rules?   

54 minutes ago, grampy said:

He's hunting a restricted area by permit draw. The orange during bow, is a requirement they implemented.

interesting. what's the logic behind it?

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12

PA use to have the same law. You had to have orange on while walking during bow.and then post it above you so other people knew where you were. They got rid of it a few yrs ago as a requirement during bow. But you still have to do it when there is a special season that parallel's bow.

17 hours ago, mowin said:

LoL, it's NY.. Logic? 

But I'm sure they are stating safety. 

16 hours ago, lucky118 said:

PA use to have the same law. You had to have orange on while walking during bow.and then post it above you so other people knew where you were. They got rid of it a few yrs ago as a requirement during bow. But you still have to do it when there is a special season that parallel's bow.

I'm sure bowhunters are shot by other bowhunters, but man it has to be <1%. Not many bowhunters I know are flinging arrows into brush, let alone not waiting to get a good look at the size and sex. 

Now the crossbow crowd could change that ;) haha. It's a joke on a friday, relax :) 

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12