IGNORED

Time to rewatch...

G-man

The best hunting videos  ever made. Bowhunting october whitetails 1 and 2 and  tricking whitetail bucks..  made back in the 80s and early 90s by whitetail visions.    Barry wensel  actually teaching  hunting stratagies and why.  These guys were doing  plots and  mock scrapes back in the 80s  even using the rope trick everyone thinks is new for some reason.. can  find  online as this was all vhs era  stuff..  no reason to watch any "new " whitetail expert   all they are doing is reusing what  he did decades ago and calling it new... give em a try!!!

Edited by G-man

2 hours ago, G-man said:

The best hunting videos  ever made. Bowhunting october whitetails 1 and 2 and  tricking whitetail bucks..  made ba k innthe 80s and early 90s by whitetail specialties.   Barry wensel  actually teaching  hunting stratagies and why.  These guys were doing  plots and  mock scrapes back in the 80s  even using the rope trick everyone thinks is new for some reason.. can  find  online as this was all vhs era  stuff..  no reason to watch any "new " whitetail expert   all theyvare doing is reusing what  he did decades ago and calling it new... give em a try!!!

Haven't seen those in years.  They were fantastic. Didn't they have  the "I'm trolling" scene? 

3 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Watch the same content in HD or a vhs ? 

They have them remastered and on dvd now  but i remeber seeing them on  youtube a few years ago. Unfortunately lot of his original work  masters were lost in a fire years ago.. had  whole tips and techniques series.. and they guy did it all with a recurve... its fun to see the early bear and onidea compounds  in action. 

6 hours ago, cervidchasers said:

I liked their idea of driving through the corn field..but again I dont have a group of 5-6 guys to push through the rows.

My favorite old hunting videos were the ones that Minnesota cat fisherman, Otis “the toad” Smith, did about bowhunting cornfields alone.  I remembered him from the “In-Fisherman” TV show with Al Linder.  

My cousin got a nice buck doing that one time.  Otis gave all the tricks in his videos about it.  His technique, of sneaking perpendicular thru the rows, worked very good on windy days.  

It’s a little tougher to do these days, since most farmers  have standardized on narrower 24” or 30” corn rows.  Back in the days of the 36” rows, it was a much easier.  

My old 2-row, 36” John Deere model 246 corn planter, is definitely my most important piece of food plotting equipment:

026708A0-22A4-4A97-8FD0-CB0E390B7FE0.thumb.jpeg.c7e480fc9bdadbf02049523c0861777b.jpeg

I can only ever remember examining the stomach contents of a deer harvested after November 1st one time, that did not contain corn.  

I also think that was the method that Miles Keller used to kill most of his big bucks with a bow in the late season. 

Edited by Wolc123

Mos

14 hours ago, Wolc123 said:

My favorite old hunting videos were the ones that Minnesota cat fisherman, Otis “the toad” Smith, did about bowhunting cornfields alone.  I remembered him from the “In-Fisherman” TV show with Al Linder.  

My cousin got a nice buck doing that one time.  Otis gave all the tricks in his videos about it.  His technique, of sneaking perpendicular thru the rows, worked very good on windy days.  

It’s a little tougher to do these days, since most farmers  have standardized on narrower 24” or 30” corn rows.  Back in the days of the 36” rows, it was a much easier.  

My old 2-row, 36” John Deere model 246 corn planter, is definitely my most important piece of food plotting equipment:

I can only ever remember examining the stomach contents of a deer harvested after November 1st one time, that did not contain corn.  

I also think that was the method that Miles Keller used to kill most of his big bucks with a bow in the late season. 

Most farmers with the new no till drill are planting rows 12" or closer.. hardly any space to walk in between them