IGNORED

CWD Devastation in PA

Cabin Fever

I was just talking to family in PA, where I grew up hunting on the family farm. There was never a shortage of deer there and no problem filling tags! Some of my fondest memories hunting with family. For the last few years, Bedford County has been considered by the PA Game Commission to be the "hot zone" for CWD. Each year, family members have been telling me that there are fewer and fewer deer down there every year, due to CWD. My cousin just said that this block we used to drive around to look and spotlight for deer and typically see 75-100 deer, you can drive now and might only see one deer! I can't wrap my head around it! He's seen deer wandering along the road and he could see every bone in it's body! I was watching CWD videos that the PGC put out and they said that deer will be infected for 18-24 months, looking completely healthy, before they start showing signs physically of being infected. There is NO way I would eat a deer from that area! I've had this desire to go back and hunt with family for old times sake, but I doubt that'll ever happen now. Very sad to hear of this happening! Feel bad for the deer and hunters, as I don't know if the deer population will ever come back. God, I hope we don't ever experience that in NY!!

Just now, Cabin Fever said:

I was just talking to family in PA, where I grew up hunting on the family farm. There was never a shortage of deer there and no problem filling tags! Some of my fondest memories hunting with family. For the last few years, Bedford County has been considered by the PA Game Commission to be the "hot zone" for CWD. Each year, family members have been telling me that there are fewer and fewer deer down there every year, due to CWD. My cousin just said that this block we used to drive around to look and spotlight for deer and typically see 75-100 deer, you can drive now and might only see one deer! I can't wrap my head around it! He's seen deer wandering along the road and he could see every bone in it's body! I was watching CWD videos that the PGC put out and they said that deer will be infected for 18-24 months, looking completely healthy, before they start showing signs physically of being infected. There is NO way I would eat a deer from that area! I've had this desire to go back and hunt with family for old times sake, but I doubt that'll ever happen now. Very sad to hear of this happening! Feel bad for the deer and hunters, as I don't know if the deer population will ever come back. God, I hope we don't ever experience that in NY!!

High population is a big factor.. shoot some doe..