IGNORED

Big buck(s) hammering the acorns!!!

WNY Bowhunter

I have been playing cat and mouse with the trailcams since the beginning of July with my #1 buck for the upcoming season. I was starting to get frustrated with the lack of pics and his unpatternability. However, after relocating a couple of cams to white oaks that are dropping...the floodgates have opened. I had over 4000 pics on these two cams since last weekend...with over a 100 of this guy. I am pumped by all of the daytime activity and am headed out here in a few minutes to hang a last minute set between these two white oaks in preparation for an early season opportunity oh him!

Cam #1:

zIMG_0192.JPG

zIMG_0195.JPG

zIMG_0414z.JPG

zIMG_0431.JPG

zIMG_2181.JPG

zIMG_2302.JPG

zIMG_2307.JPG

4 minutes ago, Versatile Hunter said:

You’re gonna have fun this season! Those vineyards are like sanctuaries. 

I guess it should be noted that this area of Steuben County hasn't had literally NO acorns since 2020. Most areas locally don't have them again this year. Down here by the lake there's a pretty good crop though. For the past few weeks they were really hammering the reds but now have switched over to the whites as they start dropping.

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

This might be a short season for you.  All you need is 7 days and hope they say on that pattern and it could happen quick.  Epic buck.  

I'm hoping! I've certainly been doing my homework for the past 3 months trying to get this deer patterned...

1 hour ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

I guess it should be noted that this area of Steuben County hasn't had literally NO acorns since 2020. Most areas locally don't have them again this year. Down here by the lake there's a pretty good crop though. For the past few weeks they were really hammering the reds but now have switched over to the whites as they start dropping.

I have noticed as of a month ago, I was finding acorns in the lower elevation of our property but wasn’t finding hardly any in the highest elevations.