IGNORED

Wrench in the season

ZAG

1 minute ago, ZAG said:

Welp my 15yr old who got a brand new Hoyt for bow season broke his right hand in gym class this morning. 
Looks like im gonna borrow his bow for awhile.

He was so pumped for the season. Hopefully he can still hunt Columbus day with the gun.

These damn kids..

Have his doctor sign the crossbow form and get it in quick.  Folks have been getting a turnaround from the DEC in less than 24 hours, when they send it in on line.

You could draw it for him and he could shoot it from a rest one handed on Sunday.  

Just make sure he practices shooting left handed as there may be a difference, depending on his eye dominance.

4 minutes ago, Wolc123 said:

Have his doctor sign the crossbow form and get it in quick.  Folks have been getting a turnaround from the DEC in less than 24 hours, when they send it in on line.

You could draw it for him and he could shoot it from a rest one handed on Sunday.  

Just make sure he practices shooting left handed as there may be a difference, depending on his eye dominance.

Is the form on their site?

Just now, ZAG said:

Is the form on their site?

Not sure, I’m waiting until next year to do it myself since my freezer is nearly full now thanks the early antlerless gun season.  Quite a few “regulars” on here have got it done already though, hopefully one of them will chime in.  

6 minutes ago, Wolc123 said:

Not sure, I’m waiting until next year to do it myself since my freezer is nearly full now thanks the early antlerless gun season.  Quite a few “regulars” on here have got it done already though, hopefully one of them will chime in.  

Maybe I’ll swing by reg 8 offices tomorrow.

32 minutes ago, Wolc123 said:

Not a bad idea.  Do you have a crossbow @ZAG

If not, and the form works out.. I could let him borrow one. 

1 minute ago, JohnPlav said:

Same here.  I have (2) he could pick from (Barnett Recruit and CP sniper 370). 

Both are now zeroed right handed, but I intend to check them on left, to see if there is any difference.

Im in WNY wmu 9F.

10 minutes ago, JohnPlav said:

Appreciate the kind gesture. He did buy himself one with his dough from working all summer. I’ll check with the dec and see if he can use it.

I thought everyone sat down when bowhunting?

Jokes aside, that sucks man. I broke my foot in gym class in 6th grade. Missed the whole baseball season and most of my summer was spent in a cast. It sucks, but life goes on. maybe lower his poundage and have him practice shooting sitting and hunt from a blind?

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12

Thanks all. He’s at the orthopedic surgery office now. Hopefully its a quick heal.

His boss literally texted him around lunch time asking if he was ready to work the weekends as he has lots of jobs lined up. Needless to say he’s both pissed and sad.

1 hour ago, ZAG said:

Thanks all. He’s at the orthopedic surgery office now. Hopefully its a quick heal.

His boss literally texted him around lunch time asking if he was ready to work the weekends as he has lots of jobs lined up. Needless to say he’s both pissed and sad.

Zag, if you do it online, and can get it signed ASAP and submit it, he'll have it back probably the same day. I got mine back in less than 2 hrs.  Just make sure you choose temporary when going through step 1, as I'm sure he won't need the Xbow next yr. 

Good luck. 

Edited by mowin