IGNORED

CYNTHIA IS SUPER PROUD OF COOPER.

blackbeltbill

Good Friend Cynthia and,I got together  this morning for some Pheasant Hunting Action over at Stewart State Forest.  

We drove in sometime after 6am. We got Cynthia's  2 year old Dog COOPER in the back seat of my Saturn and in we went.My Saturn has reliable Front Wheel Drive and 5 on the Floor. 

And some of the Stretches of dilapidated Dirt Roads have Pot Holes the size of the Grand Canyon.  

So we drive way in to Field/s #1. Thick Fields! No Pheasant Scent for COOPER .  Cynthia  found a big Scrape with a Licking Branch above.

We Motored to Field/s #2. Easier walking here. Now here COOPER was winding some.Of course,I have seen many Pheasant Dogs Winding. Some really throw their noses up- while others are very Subtle  and you really have to watch when these Dogs get Hot on a Scent. COOPER seems to be in the middle of the two. No Pheasants flushed up here and plenty of walking.

We then drove to Field/s #3. We are starting to hear close by shots now. This Field we are walking in or trying to is THICK! But we saw some Pheasant  Feathers  where a Hunter had bagged one.

Now COOPER  is starting to put things together.  He has a really good pattern as he works between Cynthia  and myself. He gets on a very close Hot Scent and Cynthia sees the top of the Weeds moving as COOPER gets close. Now,,I see movement  coming in my direction . So,I step forward  some and out Rockets a Hen Pheasant. 

The Bird is flying straight towards the wood line. I am waiting for Cynthia to Shoot. A long 2 Seconds and still no shot. So,I opened up and down fell the Hen.

CYNTHIA- Why didn't  you shoot?? She could not get the Damn Safety off. It Happens right? Good thing Cynthia marked where that Hen Fell past a Birch! She walked right to that Spot and COOPER Found the Hen. He is learning fast!

There  was plenty of hot scents in that field as we continued.  I found remains of a Freshly Killed Rooster Pheasant probably  killed by a Coyote.

And that is a Wrap. Hunted around 2 Hours or so and just starting to warm up.

And of course,I gave the Hen Pheasant  to Cynthia.  I have no pictures as it was WET out there and left my cell phone in my vehicle.  Cynthia  took a few pictures  at my Saturn and maybe She will upload 1 here.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

9 hours ago, grampy said:

Way to go Cooper, Cynthia, and Bill !

Great day!

Perfect weather yesterday! Cooper is putting 2 +2 together.  And Cynthia's Husband does not want her out there alone. I am a combination  of good Hunting Partner  + Protector.  We are looking forward to the next Pheasant  Hunt.

1 hour ago, cynthiafu said:

Ok Cooper is a good boy . Got 3 birds today . I shot one roaster . Hubby shot the hen and the third could of been either one of us .

20231010_103121.jpg

20231010_103137.jpg

I promised ABBEY a Pheasant  Hunt today/Tuesday in Sterling Forest or,I would have been with you at Stewart.

You both did well! And COOPER IS GETTING BETTER!!

• 2 weeks later...