IGNORED

Stealthcam Customer Service is TERRIBLE!

Splitear

I've been trying for 3 weeks to update the payment information on our Stealthcam account (we got new credit cards). When I try to do it on their website, it just brings up a pop-up screen that says loading and has a spinnng circle (I've even left it overnight to see if it would load and it didn't). 

Phone calls to customer service have ended with 6 converstations with a live rep who heard my issue and then read off a script saying (in effect) "I am sending your information to our wireless tech department. Someone will call you back, please don't call back, you're call will be returned in the order it was received". This has been 6 times over the past 3 weeks, and still not a call back. The last three times I have told them that I've been through this circus already and no one has called me back. The last rep assured me that "You will get a call back very soon". That was yesterday, and guess what, no call back. It's the first time I've ever had a company giving me issues about taking my money...

I've had another 3 or 4 calls where I sat on hold, and the call just disconnected after about 15 minutes. 

With all of that said, I cannot discourage Stealthcam enough based on my horrible experience with their so called "Customer Service". 

Edited by Splitear

1 hour ago, Splitear said:

I've been trying for 3 weeks to update the payment information on our Stealthcam account (we got new credit cards). When I try to do it on their website, it just brings up a pop-up screen that says loading and has a spinnng circle (I've even left it overnight to see if it would load and it didn't). 

Phone calls to customer service have ended with 6 converstations with a live rep who heard my issue and then read off a script saying (in effect) "I am sending your information to our wireless tech department. Someone will call you back, please don't call back, you're call will be returned in the order it was received". This has been 6 times over the past 3 weeks, and still not a call back. The last three times I have told them that I've been through this circus already and no one has called me back. The last rep assured me that "You will get a call back very soon". That was yesterday, and guess what, no call back. It's the first time I've ever had a company giving me issues about taking my money...

I've had another 3 or 4 calls where I sat on hold, and the call just disconnected after about 15 minutes. 

With all of that said, I cannot discourage Stealthcam enough based on my horrible experience with their so called "Customer Service". 

They are the absolute worst.  The parent company,GSM, only cares about getting your dollar.  They own many hunting/shooting companies including walkers game ear. 

I will never purchase anything that company sells.  

I gave up on trying to get a response from them on my cam. It still doesn't work properly and I've never gotten a single response to any of my emails or messages.  At least you were able to talk to someone.  I've yet to hear a live voice when I've called. 

Edited by mowin

7 hours ago, sbuff said:

Spy point not much better , I have nothing but praise for browning and Moutltrie customer service 

Ditto. Both of these companies have been exceptional. I think that Tactacam is decent, but their motto seems to be "divert, delay, deny" before eventually doing the right thing. I did get a new camera last year to replace one that started malfunctioning within the warrantee period of one year, but it took three months, countless emails, and two trips to their service center, all to replace an $90 camera. I stuck with it out of principle and plain stubbornness. 

20 hours ago, Keith Nehrke said:

Ditto. Both of these companies have been exceptional. I think that Tactacam is decent, but their motto seems to be "divert, delay, deny" before eventually doing the right thing. I did get a new camera last year to replace one that started malfunctioning within the warrantee period of one year, but it took three months, countless emails, and two trips to their service center, all to replace an $90 camera. I stuck with it out of principle and plain stubbornness. 

Wow! I’m surprised to hear this about Tactacam Reveal CS! I’ve never heard anything but positive things about their CS. I have 11 Reveals and have had to call CS a few times, including getting  replacements, but have always had great experiences with them. They get a 10/10 from me.

I'm always glad to hear about good customer service experiences. Mine was a 10 in terms of responsiveness, but I had to go into the woods at least six times to perform some manipulation on the camera that they wanted to check prior to authorizing a return - even though I had several other cameras set up identically within a couple hundred yards and this ain't my first rodeo - and the first time I sent the camera in for service, it came back without having even been turned on. Same issue, had to go through another round of dancing. Finally, somebody new on the customer service side saw my thread, recognized my frustration, stepped in, and resolved the situation. 

But I actually purchased and recommended Tactacam to friends, as well, and I love the cameras. I'm cautiously optimistic that I experienced an anomaly...

2 hours ago, Keith Nehrke said:

I'm always glad to hear about good customer service experiences. Mine was a 10 in terms of responsiveness, but I had to go into the woods at least six times to perform some manipulation on the camera that they wanted to check prior to authorizing a return - even though I had several other cameras set up identically within a couple hundred yards and this ain't my first rodeo - and the first time I sent the camera in for service, it came back without having even been turned on. Same issue, had to go through another round of dancing. Finally, somebody new on the customer service side saw my thread, recognized my frustration, stepped in, and resolved the situation. 

But I actually purchased and recommended Tactacam to friends, as well, and I love the cameras. I'm cautiously optimistic that I experienced an anomaly...

Wow, sounds like a PITA. I've, luckily, never had a return any of mine. Glad you got it resolved.