IGNORED

What is Your Toughest Station While Skeet Shooting?

For me and many others it was always Station 6/Low House. There is no room for error as that Clay Pigeon explodes out of the Low House. You have to get that proper Lead by not holding in too close to the House. As a " Puller" from age 11 to 16,I have seen countless misses on Station 6 much more then the other 7 Stations.

Station 4 from both Houses would be a close 2nd as many just never put enough of a Lead on the Clay Pigeon. Station 4 is where you need your greatest Lead.  And,I would list Station 8 Low House as 3rd. Being the last House and Bird- Mind Games can indeed be played- " especially " if you have gone 23 Straight and have your last 2 Shots at Station 8/Low House. I have seen many Men blow it right at this Station. Some were never able to achieve a 25 Straight.

I shot Skeet regularly  from around 1970 at age 10 to around 2005. Today,I shoot more of the " Pick up" Clay Pigeon Shooting with Friends.

So,If you were a Regular Skeet Shooter- what was your Toughest  Station and House?

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

16 hours ago, Moho81 said:

D. All of the above 

Just a bit more practice is all you need.

I am thinking of Shooting Regulation Skeet again in the early Spring down at the Thunder Mt. Skeet Ranges at Ringwood State Park in New Jersey. Kind of expensive  as,I am watching every Dime- but want to get back into it besides the Pick up Skeet.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Low 6 was my nemesis more times than I care to remember...

Low 6 is Tough!  My Father taught me to hold 4 feet out from Low House 6 and get a Quick 2 foot lead on the Clay Pigeon. Very many will point straight at the Low House from what,I have seen as a Puller standing behind them. The ones with extremely fast reflexes will still connect.