IGNORED

Anyone use .243 and what grain?

Been looking for a smaller cheaper round for a new toy I want that I can use both on deer with good stopping power and at the range also (not looking to resight everytime I go to range for FMJ shooting).  Currently use my .308 for upstate deer.

Anyone have good results with deer and .243 rounds? I heard 85-100 grain  at under 150 yds hit decent with good shot placement. 

Palma non sine pulvere 

Probably lots of them out there cheap, now that the much better on deer and about the same recoil 7mm/08 and 6.5 Creedmore have got so popular.

From what I’ve seen, the .243 does a very nice job on deer hit behind the shoulder, broadside thru the lungs, but not so hot with most other shot placements. 

I don't have a 243 but I do have a 6mm Remington they are basically the same. I have used bullets between 90 and 105 grains. They all killed deer I did not have a deer run more than 40yds. I was impressed with the blood trail. 

I reload my 6mm has a 1/9 twist rate and would stabilize a 105gr amax but not 103 EDLX most 243's have a 1/10 twist rate so a 100gr is a but as heavy as you can go. You should be able to find some new rifles with a 1/8 twist rate. I never feel under gun using my 6mm.