IGNORED

Facial concealment

Joe T

I have been told that much of my struggles attracting ducks this season was my lack of effective facial concealment.  I made a futile attempt to correct this with facial paint (see pic), but I have been told that to be a serious Waterfowler, I must grow my own facial brush.  Is this true?

IMG_1129.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 7.48.24 PM.jpeg

Face masks help, but I've still had them come in with my very white face showing. Focus on your blind more, then worry about your face. I always felt that if my face was spooking them, I probably don't have a good hide to begin with. Thankfully the better duck hunting usually comes when its really cold, so a good facemask makes me feel better to begin with. 

If you're going to face paint route, I highly recommend carbo mask. You can get them on Amazon, they are pretty expensive for the amount that you get, but they go on very matte, they don't run and aren't oily and they really do come off easy with a wet paper towel or a wet wipe. Just make sure you shake them up well.  I use them for deer versus a face mask until it gets a little cold out and I want a covering. 

Palma non sine pulvere 

17 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I’ve been told that you have to cover your face for deer, turkeys and crows. I’ve killed piles of all of them and hate having anything on my face and face paint is a pain, I think covering your face is B/S.

You should cover your face to aid in concealment... Oily skin, different skin tones, etc., especially for turkey, but it's not a must. Personally I just like having that little extra bit of an edge because I don't stay pin still. Plus it's more of a mental thing too lol. 

Palma non sine pulvere 

13 minutes ago, NYRturkeycall said:

You should cover your face to aid in concealment... Oily skin, different skin tones, etc., especially for turkey, but it's not a must. Personally I just like having that little extra bit of an edge because I don't stay pin still. Plus it's more of a mental thing too lol. 

Your last sentence is very true, people think it’s needed. No different than camo, I’ve been killing critters without it for a long time.