Jump to content
IGNORED

Great American Eclipse In April/2024.


blackbeltbill

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

They are sure making a big deal about it around here.   I don’t have any of those cheap sunglasses yet but hope to secure some soon.   

   I am down in Orange County. Still real close to the Projected Line though. I have to buy Glasses as well.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

   I am down in Orange County. Still real close to the Projected Line though. I have to buy Glasses as well.

Buffalo will be ground zero……along with Cleveland.   

Orange County is FAR off the line Bill.  Pack up the Jetta, a couple sandwiches and a thermos of your beverage of choice and head west  young man.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Buffalo will be ground zero……along with Cleveland.   

Orange County is FAR off the line Bill.  Pack up the Jetta, a couple sandwiches and a thermos of your beverage of choice and head west  young man.    

I should be good. The Faded line extends to extreme South Jersey.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Buffalo will be ground zero……along with Cleveland.   

Orange County is FAR off the line Bill.  Pack up the Jetta, a couple sandwiches and a thermos of your beverage of choice and head west  young man.    

If bill makes the drive to WNY I will personally take him out for all he can eat wings at my favorite wing place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most rooms and air B&B are triple rates for this . My charter boat Capt buddy is running an eclipse special …. lol if special is two  times the rate .

I want to be back from Fla for this but the Mrs said it’ll be cloudy and  wants to hang at her nephews vacation home in Hilton Head on the way back . Guess I’ll play it by the forecast . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are even talking about this on an old  Big Woods Bucks podcast. Northern Maine communities have been planning for this for years. And they have adjusted their prices in advance also. 

Guess we should all look. I remember we saw Haileys Comet as kids. And I tried to explain to my kids while watching Space X launch,  that was another space  milestone they wouldn't want to miss. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Nomad said:

Most rooms and air B&B are triple rates for this . My charter boat Capt buddy is running an eclipse special …. lol if special is two  times the rate .

I want to be back from Fla for this but the Mrs said it’ll be cloudy and  wants to hang at her nephews vacation home in Hilton Head on the way back . Guess I’ll play it by the forecast . 

Yup. I know several people from NYC who booked hotels/airbnb's for a night to attend it. They have to take long train and then $1-2K/night just to see it. Not my thing, so I don't understand it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back in Illinois my local fairground is charging $100-150 for campsites on the fairgrounds, this is in a town of 1800 people, not many local amenities to be had. However, I'm sure they are selling.

NASA has a deal for 4-H programs that if we do an eclipse event they will send us the eclipse glasses. I'm organizing an "Eclipse Party" for kids to come to after school. We'll see if any show up, but at least I know I'll have glasses. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...