IGNORED

Cool icy whitetail deer shoulder mount

nywaw

• nywaw changed the title to Cool icy whitetail deer shoulder mount
8 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I think I could do without the icicles hanging off the rack. 

Eloquent way to put it.   Lol

And I agree…..unless he looked liked a frozen ice cube when shot, why do it?

21 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Eloquent way to put it.   Lol

And I agree…..unless he looked liked a frozen ice cube when shot, why do it?

I like it. I've seen many bedded bucks with snow building up on the rack and top of the neck/head, I could see ice icicles forming during the right weather conditions. 

Edited by mowin

51 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

A full mount bedded buck with snow on its back would be awesome. Unless its in velvet

+1.

Maybe I'm out the outlier, but I hate the mount. I've never seen a buck in the winter look like that. I've seen some snow on the back, maybe top of head, but never seen a buck look like Frankie Carbone in the meat truck

Goodfellas Freezer - Colaboratory

Definitely some mixed opinions on the mount.  I think it's a cool idea, but agree I've never seen an ice covered buck.  Made me think of Saskatchewan, maybe they get iced over up there, but usually it's a frost/snow covering an all out iced over covering.  Either way, nice artistic approach to the mount.

3 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

Very unique but not for me.

I agree.  Everybody’s looking for a hook to suck ya in…….

I picked up a matched set of 150” sheds back in 1986 that came off a buck that I had seen sniffing & humping a doe during the rut while drinking coffee in my kitchen.   I had them mounted on a cape in a sneak mount because I saw him in the flesh that way.    

I eventually sold it due to space limitations for a good buck.   $$. :)

As far as I know the head was destined for a saloon in Wellsville.   

Cool mount, but not for me unless that was how he appeared when I shot or recovered him. If it brings back some sense of nostalgia from the hunt, I'd be more inclined to consider something like this. But let's be honest, this is assuming I actually shoot a buck that's worth mounting. I've been telling @518BowSlayer that I'd make the drive to come see him ever since he started offering, but I still have yet to shoot a buck that's worth the drive.