IGNORED

Hog exotic nearby hunts

Swede

3 hours ago, Fab said:

The island in the Susquehanna

Close.  Good price.   Tastee hogs. 

spot n stalk 

Did you enjoy it. Watched a few YouTube videos and it seems they were domesticated.  Is some videos, not all. The guys walk right up and shoot them. No fear of humans. In one video there was a group of about 10 guys. One guy needed someone to show him how to use the rifle. I wouldn't wanna be stalking a pig with a bow or something and have this guy there. 

6 hours ago, Kayak Ken said:

Did you enjoy it. Watched a few YouTube videos and it seems they were domesticated.  Is some videos, not all. The guys walk right up and shoot them. No fear of humans. In one video there was a group of about 10 guys. One guy needed someone to show him how to use the rifle. I wouldn't wanna be stalking a pig with a bow or something and have this guy there. 

Not to derail this thread, but I watched some of those pig island YouTube videos too.  Whatever that is… it’s not hunting.  The fact that they’re all decked out in camo is laughable.  No reason to try to hide from those tame pigs.  The blaze orange makes much more sense.  Yikes. 

The first time they went they had a walk about 15 minutes To find the pigs and they took off when the son shot.  So then the father had to wait about 15 minutes and then make about another 10 minutes stalk.    While they were quartering the pigs for them they had a roast pork lunch.  

The second time they went was on a weekend and there was another group of guys there they rode a quad about 3 minutes walked about three minutes shot otwo hogs and were done

the son was riding the quad around the second time so he enjoyed that.    I did eat some of the pork.   Was good.  

Edited by Fab
Typo

10 hours ago, Kayak Ken said:

It is often misunderstood that wild hogs are the same animal as domesticated pigs. Release a pig into the wild and it will grow hair and tusks as it competes to live, but we don’t have true wild hogs, we have feral pigs. Some high fence operations will bring in Russian boar, but it’s still a pig by a different name. 

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

20 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

It is often misunderstood that wild hogs are the same animal as domesticated pigs. Release a pig into the wild and it will grow hair and tusks as it competes to live, but we don’t have true wild hogs, we have feral pigs. Some high fence operations will bring in Russian boar, but it’s still a pig by a different name. 

As the saying goes.. you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig! 

10 hours ago, JohnPlav said:

Not to derail this thread, but I watched some of those pig island YouTube videos too.  Whatever that is… it’s not hunting.  The fact that they’re all decked out in camo is laughable.  No reason to try to hide from those tame pigs.  The blaze orange makes much more sense.  Yikes.