IGNORED

3d rig

Swamp_bucks

Building a 3d rig this year.  Not high end equipment but wanted to start getting more serious.  Stabilizer is bigger than I wanted.  Ordered a 28” Lancaster had just sold out so I had them send me the 32 and I’ll try it.  All the blue is because it’s my son’s favorite color. 

bow: 2012 elite pulse

Draw: 27.5”

weight: 62lbs

stabilizer front: WNS SAT 32”

back bar: WND SAT 12”

Offset: Avalon Tec X Maxx Mono Offset

weights: haven’t decided

rest: Trophy Taker Spring Steel Arrow Rest

arrows: Altra 23s 4 fletch, each different color 3 for kids and 1 for my wife

Point: 120grains

release: Tru-Fire Edge 4 Finger

site & scope: sisters bf is sending me with a 4x lens

Grip is getting wrapped in blue. 

IMG_2378.jpeg

You going to shoot in a league or one of the 3D circuits around?  CNY Archery had a good one and I used to shoot at some of them, but some are prob too far for you.  

"it's pointless for humans to paint scenes of nature when they can go outside and stand in it"- Ron Swanson

There are a couple of places I shoot. I shoot the same bow I hunt with. I only shoot hunter class. I do use 4 fletch my setup is good enough to average in the low 280's. But I shoot all year.

My greatest 3D shot ever - There was a turkey there in front of a deer. The deer was an old pretty beat up target and kinda a backstop.  Well i said turkeys are supposed to be headshots so i shot for the head and knocked it right off the turkey and the arow and head stuck right in the deer!  lol 

My wife was at one of the shoots and there was a deer setup in the woods at 30+ yards.  She shot and it just didnt look right but she hit the target.  She hit a sapling and it made a hole in it and still hit the target.  

I shot with an older guy that had one fixed pin and he ended up with the winning hunting score, he was good with that bow. Even hit the bonus target at the end - 30 yard bullseye surrounded by a metal arrow killing plate if you were off at all. 

I used to shoot a few of the 3D's and they were fun and generally good hunting practice and confidence builder before the season. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

"it's pointless for humans to paint scenes of nature when they can go outside and stand in it"- Ron Swanson

man i miss it. i assume @Swamp_bucks you're shooting one of the open classes with those stabilizers? most IBO or informal local shoots follow IBO rules and class restrictions. mine is more or less bowhunter class. stabilizers 12" or less from riser attachment. no lens/magnification. i think regardless you can use max diameter arrows with glue in points but i never did. my 3D rig always served as a backup hunting bow.

11 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

You going to shoot in a league or one of the 3D circuits around?  CNY Archery had a good one and I used to shoot at some of them, but some are prob too far for you.  

I’ll shoot the local clubs like I normally do.  Waterville is my favorite so far. Want to try a few of the others I have been to yet. 

40 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

man i miss it. i assume @Swamp_bucks you're shooting one of the open classes with those stabilizers? most IBO or informal local shoots follow IBO rules and class restrictions. mine is more or less bowhunter class. stabilizers 12" or less from riser attachment. no lens/magnification. i think regardless you can use max diameter arrows with glue in points but i never did. my 3D rig always served as a backup hunting bow.

Yea it’ll be open class, I have my hunting bow I take closer to fall to get better with that.  All the places are different, I can’t range for crap so I ask if a range finder can be used and most say yes but some just won’t take your score if you do. 

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

@Swamp_bucks judging distance is a big part of outdoor 3d. If they follow IBO rules then its no. If informal then you just sort it out. If someone doesn't want to know then I think don't tell them and they need to not be a Karen about it. lol

My sisters bf who shoots a bunch is going to try and teach me some tricks this year when we get together to figure out unknown yardage. 

I usually shoot some of the 3d shoots around,let me know which ones you are headed to and maybe we can meet up. I like the Richfield one,West winfield is a little boring since they have two targets at each station...I do enjoy the beaver valley one a lot,they have some funny setups. One you shoot through a car door..