IGNORED

Interesting online ammo purchase problem

Nomad

So here in Fla I figure I’ll have some ammo sent to the condo , I go to one seller I used to buy from in NYS when that was possible. Of course when I log on it says they can’t ship to the address I’m logged in under ( my NY one ) I add the Fla address for shipping , and get another red warning that they don’t ship to any NYS shipping OR BILLING address , yikes !

Went to another company , set up an account , they say they don’t  ship to Fla, which is odd as that’s perfectly legal, don’t have enough days left to have any shipped to me at this point if I can find a shipper ….

So I’ll make another stop at a LGS I guess . Glad I have a large supply because I think this sh!t is just going to get worse .

looks like a miniature golf day here , only 70 but windy ,so no kayaking 

It’s because the companies don’t want the risk of being sued by Leticia.

Your billing address is a no-go for them.

Also the LGS there are usually reasonable. And plentiful. Visited my father down in Stuart in June and could trip over them on a short walk from his house. I miss those days here in NY.

Edited by phade

22 minutes ago, phade said:

Also the LGS there are usually reasonable. And plentiful. Visited my father down in Stuart in June and could trip over them on a short walk from his house. I miss those days here in NY.

I’ve always enjoyed the shops here , been given free gun shop patches, stickers and at Shark Coast Tactical free sandwiches….

It’s just another stop / drive I have to make , I don’t like leaving the island for the most part . I may try to hit a large outdoor store place on the way home if I find one not to far off the highway . 

Side note....Target Sports USA is slated to open a facility in Scranton PA.  They are specifically advertising to NYS residents to order, and pick up at this location.  Its scheduled to be open sometime this summer.  Just putting it out there.  Might start having to grab "lunch" in PA a few times a year.

4 hours ago, Nomad said:

So here in Fla I figure I’ll have some ammo sent to the condo , I go to one seller I used to buy from in NYS when that was possible. Of course when I log on it says they can’t ship to the address I’m logged in under ( my NY one ) I add the Fla address for shipping , and get another red warning that they don’t ship to any NYS shipping OR BILLING address , yikes !

Went to another company , set up an account , they say they don’t  ship to Fla, which is odd as that’s perfectly legal, don’t have enough days left to have any shipped to me at this point if I can find a shipper ….

So I’ll make another stop at a LGS I guess . Glad I have a large supply because I think this sh!t is just going to get worse .

looks like a miniature golf day here , only 70 but windy ,so no kayaking 

Cash is king

I’m a fan of Target Sports. They go out of their way to help New Yorkers over the years. 

They ship to Florida with a NY billing address. So does the waterfowl guys, can’t remember their name. So does Midway USA. 

I’m in Naples. There are four Walmarts in the greater Naples area and several near by. Most of them are well stocked with hunting ammo and shotshells. But no .223 or 7.62x39 because they are used in “assault rifles” and no pistol ammo. 

And Target Sports ships to any FFL in NY if you are willing to do a background check. 

4 hours ago, Loworange88 said:

Side note....Target Sports USA is slated to open a facility in Scranton PA.  They are specifically advertising to NYS residents to order, and pick up at this location.  Its scheduled to be open sometime this summer.  Just putting it out there.  Might start having to grab "lunch" in PA a few times a year.

I've used Target Sports in the past. They are a CT company and I live in CT so does that mean they will still ship to me? I think I last used them maybe 1-2 years ago. I don't keep up to date with ammo shipping laws.

3 hours ago, Larry said:

Cash is king

So true especially here. Renting a kayak, $65 plus tax so $68, “ how about if I pay cash “ ? $60 . Something at a gun shop where I bought two mags, again cash dropped the price and no record of sale .

Our friends stayed with us and cash came up, he said he always has “ cash , two twenties “. He asked me I said $700 in wallet, $500 in my little pack and $1000 hidden in the car ….

Next to no, stores out here , one Publix on the next key ,I avoid the mainland mostly . Were the red dot .

IMG_1013.jpeg

TargetSports will also ship direct to law enforcement. Active or retired with HR218 to your door in NY. Just sayin…

As far as I know, they are the only retailer that is willing to take advantage of this lawful exception. 

Edited by Nontypical

These companies don't want to risk their business over a possible hi jack.. Ive spoke with a few sellers over the years. Some refuse to ship even to an ffl here, Or To Florida( Where my hook up and delivery is), yet some will still ship right to my doorstep today. Certain guys work around it, certain guys don't give a crap and haven't been pinned yet.. Some absolutely refuse with this state. Most guys just refuse to deal with this state and its BS..  Some even left this state to better their ammo/pew lifestyle business.. 

Edited by LET EM GROW

On 3/19/2024 at 10:30 AM, Larry said:

Going to NC in a few weeks see how buying a couple of cases of shotgun shells and some 22's goes 

My daughter lives in Raleigh. Hit the Bass Pro in Cary NC when we were there for Christmas and loaded up ammo. No issues at all. They had no idea I was from NY as ID was never checked for any purchases. Only bought shotgun ammo. No pistol ammo. Think they might have checked ID for that but not sure.