IGNORED

Dale Hit The Mark With This Video!

I didn’t watch to the end but what I’m gathering is he found this spot while hunting. That makes sense, I also bet if I was to look at a topo map and satellite imagery of the area I could pick out the spot he is discussing. 

What  any of that has to do with walking around in march I’m not sure? 

10 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I didn’t watch to the end but what I’m gathering is he found this spot while hunting. That makes sense, I also bet if I was to look at a topo map and satellite imagery of the area I could pick out the spot he is discussing. 

What  any of that has to do with walking around in march I’m not sure? 

I will reply to your last Sentence above. Cynthia and,I found a " Crossing Area" while out Scouting for 3 Hours this past Tuesday near Sterling Forest. 

We built on our knowledge of this area from last Spring when we were here a few times and did not know the area well.

Now we know exactly  where that Gobbler was Strutting and walking back and forth. We found that area also. And we found a few pinch points for Turkeys to travel to 3 different areas.

On the Scouting trip prior to this one- we found exactly where 2 Toms were Gobbling that we heard last Spring - ( different area).

Right now,I have 1 or 2 more mid morning Scouting Trips before the low level Greenup obscures what we found. I need to go through that area in the dark with no Flashlight. One more trip back and forth through it and,I will have it down.

Cynthia  wants to call one up for herself this Spring or possibly 2 of them. She is extremely  Knowledgeable now with her 5th Spring coming up and 5 Gobblers in the bag so far.

So we will be a minimum of 1/4 mile apart and need to know these 2 areas well.

Next week is the time,I will get out and just listen by getting out at 1 hour before Sunup and walking that 1 1/2 miles in and writing  Xs on a map as far as the number of Gobblers heard and exactly where.

I have never run any Trail Cameras- so for me-- Boots on the Ground. Before Youth Weekend,I will be done with all Scouting. Definitely  won't be out that weekend as,I wrote in another Thread and walking around Field edges at 30 minutes before Sunrise and F#$! Up a Kids Youth Hunt.

That is why,I am out in March walking around.  Late April- New Jersey Starts- so definitely  no New York Scouting in late April.

Good Luck out There.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge.