IGNORED

Carrying gun on bike

Getting the mountain bike ready for turkey season and I can’t figure out how I want to carry my shotgun. I see online a lot of guys use handlebar mounts and I tried that and I don’t like it. I know slinging is an option that’s how I’ve always done it but a shotgun hitting me in the back of the head in a wreck doesn’t sound fun. 

I know a few on here hunt off a bike or e-bike and I’m looking for any suggestions. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

You eat the bird in the bush?  Breast it and stuff pockets?

Maybe a trailer to haul the gun, bird and associated accoutrements?!?!

I haven’t carried a turkey out of the woods in 20 years. pull the beard, cut the breast out and away I go. 

Edited by Buckmaster7600

I used to have a Mountain Bike for Turkey Hunting. I just used a Sling in a cross fashion.  Since,I hate Slings while hunting,I then removed it.

I got tired of Locking up my Bike. Unlocking it and Hiding it from the masses. 

Now,I walk on in since,I have mentored Cynthia  here the last 4 Springs. 

Biking in the Pitch Black  with a Flashlight can be Risky to those who have not tried it. 

Like Biking in a Dream is the best way to describe it. Your Balance won't be the same either. 

Give it a shot Guys at least once.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

25 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

I used to have a Mountain Bike for Turkey Hunting. I just used a Sling in a cross fashion.  Since,I hate Slings while hunting,I then removed it.

I got tired of Locking up my Bike. Unlocking it and Hiding it from the masses. 

Now,I walk on in since,I have mentored Cynthia  here the last 4 Springs. 

Biking in the Pitch Black  with a Flashlight can be Risky to those who have not tried it. 

Like Biking in a Dream is the best way to describe it. Your Balance won't be the same either. 

Give it a shot Guys at least once.

I’ve never locked mine, never had an issue. I have a headlight, actually 2. I like being able to see when riding.

27 minutes ago, phade said:

This is where the little .410 might be less of an obstacle lol.

Haha, I was just looking for a 20ga single shot with an 18” barrel. I can’t find one that takes chokes from a company I recognize. Shortest I can find is 22” and that makes the same length as a pump with an 18” barrel. Is there a 410 with an 18” barrel that’s not made in turkey?

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Haha, I was just looking for a 20ga single shot with an 18” barrel. I can’t find one that takes chokes from a company I recognize. Shortest I can find is 22” and that makes the same length as a pump with an 18” barrel. Is there a 410 with an 18” barrel that’s not made in turkey?

My old Winchester model 20 has a 26” barrel and a short stock (41-1/2” oal) .  It handled pretty good in a small pop up blind when I tried it a few years ago.  I think it only takes 2-1/2” shells though.  I’ve never tried a 3” in it.  
IMG_3826.thumb.jpeg.b1fd79191db6ba600330ce83b5725eff.jpeg

2 hours ago, Wolc123 said:

My old Winchester model 20 has a 26” barrel and a short stock (41-1/2” oal) .  It handled pretty good in a small pop up blind when I tried it a few years ago.  I think it only takes 2-1/2” shells though.  I’ve never tried a 3” in it.  

2 hours ago, Wolc123 said:

My pumps with 18” barrels are 38” and weigh under 6lbs unless I could find a decent single shot with an 18” barrel changing guns isn’t helping much.