IGNORED

Breeo "Smokeless" Fire Pit

Splitear

My wife and I are getting a new patio poured this week, and have also had a new fire pit built. I've always been a tractor rim type of person, though I did build a paver pit during Covid. However, with the new pit I fell into the rabbit hole of looking at fire pit inserts and ended up ordering a Breeo X24 insert. Does anyone use a Breeo? How do you like it? There's a world of accessories for them (pricey) so if you have accessories, which do you like best?

3 hours ago, Splitear said:

My wife and I are getting a new patio poured this week, and have also had a new fire pit built. I've always been a tractor rim type of person, though I did build a paver pit during Covid. However, with the new pit I fell into the rabbit hole of looking at fire pit inserts and ended up ordering a Breeo X24 insert. Does anyone use a Breeo? How do you like it? There's a world of accessories for them (pricey) so if you have accessories, which do you like best?

I've often wondered about any of the smokeless pits, and what actually makes them smokeless.  Airflow is key to any pit and keeping it clean.  I've got a 36" well pipe 3' tall. It's sitting on firebrick to keep it elevated and several air holes scattered about, but I still get smoke with very dry wood. 

1 minute ago, mowin said:

I've often wondered about any of the smokeless pits, and what actually makes them smokeless.  Airflow is key to any pit and keeping it clean.  I've got a 36" well pipe 3' tall. It's sitting on firebrick to keep it elevated and several air holes scattered about, but I still get smoke with very dry wood. 

I have a small stove that I bought with an Eddie Bauer gift card, it's similar to a small solo stove. It is fairly smokeless, it's double walled, and the cold airflow comes through the bottom holes, and then the upper air is cycled back through the holes at the top of the pit. I guess they are not "smokeless", but more "smoke-less". 

5 hours ago, Splitear said:

I don't have any info to help you. But I would like to see pictures of your new patio when everything is all done!! Will there be a place to sit around the fire with an acoustic guitar or two??

I was in Raleigh this past weekend visiting my daughter. We went to one of my friends house from high school Saturday night and they fired  up there fire pit with a “smokeless” insert. I didn’t notice a difference. If you want a smokeless fire pit get one with a propane tank.  I’ll take the real wood burning pit, smoke and all over the propane ones though. Especially if you want to have a fire when it is really cold out. 

51 minutes ago, grampy said:

I don't have any info to help you. But I would like to see pictures of your new patio when everything is all done!! Will there be a place to sit around the fire with an acoustic guitar or two??

Yep, 5' sidewalk around the whole pit. Maybe this summer.... :)