IGNORED

SPIT + DRUM FROM 6 FEET.

I am glad,I got at least 2 Videos up. I actually  have walked and talked among the Big Birds for a good 12 years now.

This video was at 7pm today. Caught that Spit and Drum at the end. 

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

domesticated turkey?

Nope.

I live on a Dead End Road . No Hunting down in this medium block of Hardwoods,Creek, and decades shut down- 1/2 mile Horsetrack.

Been doing this for 12 years. Feeding while walking and talking among them. 

A Young DEC Biologist  still trying to grow his 1st Beard would love this situation- lol.

1 minute ago, blackbeltbill said:

Nope.

I live on a Dead End Road . No Hunting down in this medium block of Hardwoods,Creek, and decades shut down- 1/2 mile Horsetrack.

Been doing this for 12 years. Feeding while walking and talking among them. 

A Young DEC Biologist  still trying to grow his 1st Beard would love this situation- lol.

that type of situation was going to be a 2nd guess. out this way we have a state park that's an island. no hunting there or in the surrounding area. you can walk the trails and the deer don't run away. As a volunteer heavily involved with deer management and biology, I've used that place to teach others a little bit. funny how deer swim to get there and leave but don't recall seeing too many turkeys pitching/flying over.

41 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

that type of situation was going to be a 2nd guess. out this way we have a state park that's an island. no hunting there or in the surrounding area. you can walk the trails and the deer don't run away. As a volunteer heavily involved with deer management and biology, I've used that place to teach others a little bit. funny how deer swim to get there and leave but don't recall seeing too many turkeys pitching/flying over.

Took me some years to figure out the Turkeys Travel paths as they are not here year round.

The 2 Gobblers that came back in late March were gone at least 5 Months.

And Remembered me right away. Came right to my Lawn.

I also Mow a 1/4mile Sewer line down here. Just got done in fact.

I have learned much in 12 years. You need to form a Bond when they are Poults. They never forget you.

I always go out to them with an Orange Hat on.  Little kids and adults wanting to get close puts all Turkeys down here in a fast walk to the woods.

Pic below of the Sewer line,I mow every 2 weeks or so.

20240507_120429.jpg

4 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

Peebles Island?

Five Rivers is a sanctuary, no hunting fishing, chewing bubblegum........ Deer, wild geese and ducks will walk right up to you most days. I've seen turkeys there but they were still pretty skittish.

I don't feed trolls.

My cousin has a few turkeys, hens and toms, that come in his dooryard to scavenge the feed that he tosses out for the chickens and ducks.  I've been within 10' of them many times. They just know when your a threat, or not .  Walk in the field 80' from the house and they are heading the opposite direction, fast, lol. 

30 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Peebles Island?

Five Rivers is a sanctuary, no hunting fishing, chewing bubblegum........ Deer, wild geese and ducks will walk right up to you most days. I've seen turkeys there but they were still pretty skittish.

yup.... i've given an aging on the hoof class to some people there. worked great. exception being i can't shoot them, look at jawbones, and send in incisors for CA to back check what I'm doing like other huntable places and using trail cam photos.

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

I know a lady that was attacked by wild turkeys.   Tread lightly Dr Dolittle’s……..

Well, birds are direct descendants of dinosaurs, so maybe the wild turkey was originally the velocichicken.

I don't feed trolls.

15 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Well, birds are direct descendants of dinosaurs, so maybe the wild turkey was originally the velocichicken.

I’m serious about it.  Probably 25 years ago my good friend’s daughter was attacked in her yard on Campbell Blvd in Amherst, not injured badly but shook up pretty good.   It even made the Buffalo News paper.

Personally I’d never trust a wild animal……….

24 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I’m serious about it.  Probably 25 years ago my good friend’s daughter was attacked in her yard on Campbell Blvd in Amherst, not injured badly but shook up pretty good.   It even made the Buffalo News paper.

Larry- you out after Gobblers this Spring?

17 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Larry- you out after Gobblers this Spring?

The first two days of the season kicked me square in the chops and since then between work and things around home have held me back.  

I dont have the desire like I used too for spring gobblers but will probably hunt again this month.   We’ll see…..

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

I'm sorry that happened to your friend. 

I don't feed trolls.