IGNORED

HNY roll call

Chef

On 11/11/2022 at 5:37 PM, Chef said:

I am glad you found that I sent it over to mod Jon and asked him to reconsider allowing people to post about this site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn’t mean it’s not on some auto-renew. Honestly I’m starting to believe the guy died and unless someone cancels his card the site will go on

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12

On 11/12/2022 at 9:14 AM, Upstate Nerdneck said:

It would be great if we didn't call people out from the old site though.  Granted there's a few that deserve it, but then it starts looking too clubbish.  People we like AND don't like will feel resentful.  Let's just be welcoming and not start this off on the wrong foot.  I quit that other site for about 4 years because I couldn't stand someone in particular there.  Represented everything I dislike about certain aspects of hunting.  I got over it, and just said to myself "We're such a small % of the population now, hunters need to stick together."

Aw come on who was it? Gotta be Dino making his own broadheads right?

4 minutes ago, Rusty said:

At least you're honest!  :rofl:

Welcome to the site Lurker!   

This is something that I posted on another site back in 2012; it's still valid today for whatever website / BBS / forum I'm a member of.

As a normal “lurker” and not very often poster, I can see the issues and attacks that occur on this board. Do I condone it? No; Does it make me less likely to post my opinion? Yes. Do I respect the opinions and passion of other on here? Yes.

I watch the site on a regular basis to keep up with the day to day chatter. I’ve even learned a lot about people just by reading their posts. It has been (and I’m sure will continue to be) entertaining and informative… there’s always 2 sides to every story, and everyone has an opinion. The discussions that go on here are also local, and of a topic that I am interested in and actively participate in and therefore in some way or another affect not only me but all of us all.

Because of the anonymity of forums like this one, people may say something important that they might not be bold enough to state publicly, but it can also encourage a sandbox mentality as well. It's just part of what makes this work, and it entails a certain amount of risk.

But it also entails a certain amount of maturity and acceptance of other’s ideas and views.

I am on several bulletin boards for personal and professional reasons. Some require a “full disclosure” (name, location, professional affiliation, etc.) upon registering; this insures that if someone gets out of hand, they can be dealt with. It also insures credibility of the posters. I am also a member of several boards where there is no identification needed; does this cause the board and its members to lose credibility and respect? Only if they hide behind the anonymity of the internet.

On 1/26/2012 at 3:49 PM, <X-X-X-X> said:

Thats what happens when you have literally hundreds of individuals with many different out looks. Every forum is the same... There are always a few bad egss who intentionally stir the pot to create drama. Many threads can go smooth, some do most dont. Nothing any one person can do unless you bite your tounge but sometimes you cant. Sometimes it makes it interesting, you as a member have every right to move on when you see things turn negative...

This is something I learned long ago; it’s something I do today and will continue to do tomorrow.

On 11/12/2022 at 9:41 AM, Chef said:

Lol I will say that whole argument this year about hunting in his pen was lots of fun. I think everyone was goating eachother on that one 

That actually was a fun thread. I think it was mine and don’t even remember the original topic, but they wasn’t it lol. Was the most action we had in months.

50 minutes ago, JJBat150 said:

This is something that I posted on another site back in 2012; it's still valid today for whatever website / BBS / forum I'm a member of.

I think you will find that we run a good site. We don’t like heavy handed moderating, but we don’t like free for all either. Bad behavior is dealt with. So far, everyone is more or less on their best behavior. I think we’ve hidden one post so far. That’s nothing. Welcome and we hope you find yourself engaged on the forum. If not, nothing wrong with lurking. 

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

57 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I wish every member there would come over. They think we are "whining about the owner and how its run", THERE IS NO OWNER AND NO ONE IS RUNNING IT

Agree, and they're all welcome here.

Maybe they'll come around once the site gets more and more established.  At some point we will add in contests and giveaways, and they'll find this site (just like the NJ site) gives back to its members.  You guys are what make the site into what it is, and I fully recognize that, and as such genuinely want to make it as enjoyable as possible for you all. :up:

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I wish every member there would come over. They think we are "whining about the owner and how its run", THERE IS NO OWNER AND NO ONE IS RUNNING IT

I pm’ed with Jon a bunch even showed him the domain is expired and that he should just let people come Over before it runs out… his response was I will do what I was asked to do years ago and Mod.

i did get a pm over there today asking for the info here so that’s good