IGNORED

Rob's hunt and fish journal

Hunt#42 opener stand dark-11:15

Didn't see anything.  Corey was in scrapetree and also saw nothing.  Thought for sure he would get a shot at something..... Also right in that nontypicals area.  He took a pic of a nice rub...gotta check cam cards we pulled. No hunting for me til at least Friday.  

IMG_20221127_071747731_HDR.jpg

22268.jpeg

IMG_20221127_065449916_HDR.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish

"it's pointless for humans to paint scenes of nature when they can go outside and stand in it"- Ron Swanson

6 minutes ago, fletchny11 said:

No hunt at Roadkill for the nontyp in the rain.......

No I've been hunting a bunch all week . And we hunted all morn til rain and saw nothing.  I know how this story ends....me with a cold wet ass and no deer. Lol.  

"it's pointless for humans to paint scenes of nature when they can go outside and stand in it"- Ron Swanson

Hunt #44.  1pm -dark.  Point stand. 

Didn't see anything in the stand.  Corey made it out to Pine stand.  

What a night.  One I will never forget.  

I got down a little early as I wanted to pull 5 trail cams on the way out.  So grabbed one then headed to wayback stand and I look down the trail there is a good sized deer facing me at about 130 yards.  I start to pull the gun up to see what it is and boom!  Corey just shot! 

For a minute I'm just stunned ....like ...he can't possibly see this deer ....lol.

He texts me "shot a doe".  I text him back.  "If it's down stay in the stand". No answer.  I'm looking at a buck. He is still standing there looking.  Then I hear another shot from Corey. So I text him "are you in the stand?". "are you in Pine tree?". No answer so I figure he might be down and finishing off the deer. The buck is still looking at me. But I can't pull the trigger cause I am now on the ground and the deer is somewhat in the direction where Corey might be if he went into the woods to get a deer.  Lol. What a cluster.

The buck finally walks away no tail up just strolls away. Nothing huge but decent body and I would have taken it.  

So I go around and catch up with Corey and he is in the trail with a doe down!!!!!

That doe means more than any buck I could have gotten by a mile.  A couple of guys here know already. But it's been a difficult season.  My best friend my whole life since grade school was diagnosed with cancer just before bow season.  He is now doing radiation and chemo 5 days a week.  Tonite he wanted to hunt and made it out to our closest stand for the last hour and a half.  Worried he may have to get sick out there but if he wasn't feeling well said he just go home. And tonite a doe stepped out in front of him.  Couldn't be happier.  Hell he even gutted it before I got there.  We dragged it out and he was actually able to get a deer this year when we thought it probably wouldn't happen.  

A night I won't ever forget.  

IMG_20221202_172737179.jpg

44 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Is that middle picture a shed buck?

I didn't even notice that. Kinda looks like it but hard to tell.  Maybe thats why he looks so surprised.

Edited by Robhuntandfish

9 minutes ago, Lomax said:

Great hunt Rob love to see buddies deer hunting together.  Tell Corey Congratulations on a big doe. 

Keep at it on them bux I’m thinking you’ll get another opportunity on one them shooters  they are definitely there. 

Thanks and i sure will. He was worried about having to get sick there tonite and was tired just going to the closest stand but he made it out and took one.  Sure made my season and his.