IGNORED

2023 Predator Hunting Success Pics

nywaw

• 2 weeks later...

The boys have missed every dog Ive called in for them in the last month, They've been kicked off of first shot and I'm taking over.. Lol. (First for me in 2 years!)The hard part is getting them pressured ones to commit under 200, but when they finally do and they get missed. time and time again, Its my turn. Lol. Change things up then let them back at it. Too many guys call from the road these days trying to win contests or not "Tresspass as bad" and it dont help much.. As much as we all like coyotes gone, we still need to be mindful. 

I also picked up permission on a new fairly large piece that Most time I actually have to call these coyotes off of. So that's exciting. And I get texts alerting me when the coyotes are howling. Bingo!   

2 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

The boys have missed every dog Ive called in for them in the last month, They've been kicked off of first shot and I'm taking over.. Lol. (First for me in 2 years!)The hard part is getting them pressured ones to commit under 200, but when they finally do and they get missed. time and time again, Its my turn. Lol. Change things up then let them back at it. Too many guys call from the road these days trying to win contests or not "Tresspass as bad" and it dont help much.. As much as we all like coyotes gone, we still need to be mindful. 

I also picked up permission on a new fairly large piece that Most time I actually have to call these coyotes off of. So that's exciting. And I get texts alerting me when the coyotes are howling. Bingo!   

Sounds like the boys are getting a little to excited when it gets time to seal the deal. Even with the misses, they have to be hooked.  

6 hours ago, mowin said:

Sounds like the boys are getting a little to excited when it gets time to seal the deal. Even with the misses, they have to be hooked.  

You know it! They get bored quicker than i do, but all it takes is one set to produce coyotes and they're not ready for bed all of a sudden lol. I love it, id stay out until first light if they'd let me lol 

2 stops tonight

1st spot, wind sucked for it. Setup the best I could. Had 2 yotes break the tree line but didnt stay long enough to get shot unfortunately.

2nd spot had a good cross wind. Got a group of yotes to sound off on the first call, ofcourse they were down wind-ish. 2 came busting acoss the field, they had to cross a ditch about 200 yards out. 1 stayed and 1 crossed. They both wouldnt stay put at the same time so my son and I couldnt take the shot together. Soon enough the closer dog had enough and the both decided it was time to go. One stopped long enough for me to squeeze a shot off. I knew it was far so I held at the top of its back. Turns out to be my longest kill shot at 350 yards. Perfect shot too, the 69gr sierra did the trick and the yote dropped after abot a 20 yard death run. The snow was coming down too hard for my sons setup (nightvision) to be very useful so we called it a night.

20230127_223907.jpg

Screenshot_20230127-223611.jpg

• nywaw changed the title to 2023 Predator Hunting thread
  • nywaw changed the title to 2023 Predator Hunting Pics
  • nywaw pinned this topic
  • nywaw changed the title to 2023 Predator Hunting Success Pics

Killed 3 since my last post. Haven’t been out in over a month until this weekend. Been dealing with my very sick son the last 2 months, had stomach problems. And out of school. He’s healing now so hopefully get out a few more times before season ends.. few pics/snaps.. can see the bullet in mid flight in the one picture. That was a miss by my son(tried head shooting it) shot between the ears.. 2 dif guns same coyote. At or just before trigger squeeze. 

DCE48B2F-BD63-4251-8044-836428B55686.jpeg

978F7F1A-F795-47A9-8A76-06EE5B6417C7.jpeg

9C7918EF-713F-438E-8E2A-F2402A7961C7.jpeg

7AD227D5-F40A-498C-AF32-15F2A06FD538.jpeg

0A8FBAF7-FE79-4CF5-8B0E-42AFC98C78D2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...