IGNORED

What are you watching?

Belo

Just finished Band of Brothers. I can't watch the end when the actual men tell their stories I break down.

I did honor guard in Hawaii from 2007-2010. I had two really tough details. One was my first, active duty killed 21 members we did the whole ceremony obviously.  That was tough, brother who was in charge of the family was good until the first line of shots then he and the whole family broke down. I stared at a pillar as we folded the flag. Very tough.

Second is hard to even write about. As I write this I cried threw most of it. We did a detail for ww2 survivors and veterans in 2008. I did maybe 15 ceremony where I was ncoic. This was maybe my fifth, I was in charge and it was hard.

Most veterans were bed ridden  and at the end of their lives. As I walked in and received details for what we needed to do, I knew it was gonna be hard mentally for guys. I'll make it short, we setup and they took all survivors outside to the lania for the ceremony. 

We rang the bell (for each man lost) for what seemed like hours at attention as I watched these men who could barley move and some not speak cry uncontrollably. I will NEVER forget these strong men. 

Ugh kinda lost my mind writing this on veterans day.  

20221111_201120.jpg

Edited by corydd7

• 3 weeks later...

I finished Damer last night. I'm kind of happy to be done with it. It sort of just leaves you feeling off.

We watched Black Adam last weekend, typical superhero movie but pretty good. Wife and I watched Me Time on netflix. Not good, a few laughs but do not recommend. We just started Ted Lasso which I'm really enjoying. A much nicer feel than Damer lol. 

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12