Jump to content
IGNORED

Need Proof That Bowhunters Should Avoid Shoulder Shots on Deer? Here It Is


Phantom

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, mowin said:

I don't know of anyone who would intentionally take a shoulder shot with archery equipment. 

maybe they are talking about crossbow hunters . Anyway most happen enough that they wrote a  Article about it.

Edited by Phantom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Phantom said:

maybe they are talking about crossbow hunters .

 Ok.

I don't know any xbow hunters that would intentionally take a shoulder shot. 

Hell, most rifle hunters I know won't take a shoulder shot if there's other options. 

Edited by mowin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mowin said:

 Ok.

I don't know any xbow hunters that would intentionally take a shoulder shot. 

Hell, most rifle hunters I know won't take a shoulder shot if there's other options. 

Me either , Tell them that I just posted there findings  . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having been involved with Deer Search for over 20 years. I can attest to a shoulder hit being a low percentage recovery with archery equipment. That includes crossbows. No matter if the shot was intended to go there or not. It's one of those shots that end up with the deer not recovered more often than not. If I have two calls come in. One a probable shoulder hit,  the other a gut shot. I'll take the higher percentage of recovery with the gut shot every time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately there are those that intentionally take those shots, they are those that also try to take spine shots or the so called "Texas Heart Shot" They are the same people with wide open groups that say "I can put my shots on a 10in plate so that is good enough to take a deer" Never mind their arrows are all over the place on that plate. Sorry just went through a major argument on Facebroke with people that thought a girls shots were good enough to go hunting and they were all way high right but touching the plate or way the other way, no consistency. I can not bowhunt anymore because of injuries, I am still trying to but did not last year, I hate to see people that have no respect for what they hunt ruining it for the rest of us that do. Bow hunting is the one any only thing that comes even close to how much I love turkey hunting and to be honest I do not know which I love more, I just hate seeing the animals disrespected by so many that have watched these kill at all cost TV hunters and have destroyed the current generation of hunters coming up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

I didn't think F&S was relevant these days,  let alone in business anymore.

 The bookstores  still carry their magazine in paper believe it or not.

 Definitely Internet had to of killed a lot of their business.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Sir-diealot said:

Unfortunately there are those that intentionally take those shots, they are those that also try to take spine shots or the so called "Texas Heart Shot" They are the same people with wide open groups that say "I can put my shots on a 10in plate so that is good enough to take a deer" Never mind their arrows are all over the place on that plate. Sorry just went through a major argument on Facebroke with people that thought a girls shots were good enough to go hunting and they were all way high right but touching the plate or way the other way, no consistency. I can not bowhunt anymore because of injuries, I am still trying to but did not last year, I hate to see people that have no respect for what they hunt ruining it for the rest of us that do. Bow hunting is the one any only thing that comes even close to how much I love turkey hunting and to be honest I do not know which I love more, I just hate seeing the animals disrespected by so many that have watched these kill at all cost TV hunters and have destroyed the current generation of hunters coming up.

Dont know anyone who does this but on the internet I have Seen  a few  self filmed hunters just lunching  arrows at deer in a field , big buck  Hoping to get a hit at way past  60 70 80 yards looked like there is one guy pro that makes a living filming shots like that even farther forgot his name some times he even hunts with spear .  Who knows  how many deer he wounded b4 he got that good or lucky to kill them at 100 plus yards with  Compound bow. 

Edited by Phantom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Dont know anyone who does this but on the internet I have Seen  a few  self filmed hunters just lunching  arrows at deer in a field , big buck  Hoping to get a hit at way past  60 70 80 yards looked like there is one guy pro that makes a living filming shots like that even farther forgot his name some times he even hunts with spear .  Who knows  how many deer he wounded b4 he got that good or lucky to kill them at 100 plus yards with  Compound bow. 

I know who you are talking about, can't stand him, showing the wrong way to do things. Just because you can does not mean you should.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Look at the trend in arrows lately. People listening to some inbred hillbilly who hunts hogs and incorporated his arrows to deer hunting .The thought process being" when I suck and make a bad shot it still goes through bone"

Can't stand him.

"Who the son sets free, is free indeed"  John 8:36

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...