- Above all, respect each other. While we realize that discussions may get heated, vulgar language, personal attacks, name calling, bullying, and baiting members into arguments will not be tolerated. In additional masking vulgar language (ie, w*rd, rul*s, etc) is considered vulgar.
- If a moderator removes your thread or post, contact a moderator by PM to request the reasons, or to explain yourself. Please do not question the moderators actions in the open forums, moderators are only human and there may have been a misunderstanding. Threatening a moderator will not be tolerated.
- Please use the personal message (PM) feature to contact other members or forum moderators about any issue. Do not start a thread or use a post for this kind of contact. Do not start a thread or make a post protesting a mod or admins actions (this includes protesting the banning of a member).
- Please use good taste in your choice of avatar. Nothing sexual or of a violent nature is tolerated.
- Please limit your signature block to 5 lines or less.
- Do not use posts to correct another poster's spelling or grammar - this is rude and unnecessary. If you do not understand what they are saying, ask them to clarify.
- Do not interrupt a thread 's content direction to bring attention to another agenda or product.
- Minors are not allowed to post in the classifieds section due to legal restrictions. Parents may post for their minor children and are responsible for all transactions. All buyers/sellers/traders must have a birth date visible in their profile.
What may not be in a post is as follows:
- Material that is threatening, harassing, or abusive to any party.
- Content that is sexual, defamatory, hateful, potentially slanderous, private message or in violation of any law is not tolerated.
- Knowingly posting false or misleading material will result in moderator action. NOTE: This includes Racial attacks and racial slurs of any kind, directed at a fellow member or not. This rule also pertains to persons running for political office regardless of party affiliation.
- Use the proper forum for your topics and help minimize moderator's work having to move them to the correct forum. If you are unsure about what to do or where to go, just PM a moderator or ask in the Site Questions & Answers forum.
- Spamming is not allowed. Topics may not be started for the purpose of adding spam material. Spamming for post count is also prohibited. Please try to contribute, not abuse the system.
- Members and Sponsors may offer Giveaways with prior administrative approval. Please feel free to contact the moderators to help with setting a Giveaway up on the site! See some of the prior ones in the Giveaways forum!
- Alternate/Secondary accounts for the purpose of deception are NOT permitted! The alternate/secondary account will be banned and the original user may also be banned.
- Topic bumping is acceptable, but please use common courtesy and don't flood the Recent Topics with a *bump* of 10+ of your topics.
- Embedding a hidden link into a post is not allowed and will not be tolerated. This will be treated as spamming the forum.
- Private Messages (PM's) are just that, private. Posting Private Messages on the open forum is not tolerated.
Moderator actions: A moderator may find that a thread or post has violated a rule and will either edit it or remove it. In some cases, this may be accompanied by a warning to the poster and, in extreme cases, banning of the member. Banning may be temporary or permanent depending on the offense. Appeals may be made by PM or email to administration and then a final decision will be made.
These rules are site wide. They apply equally to every section of NY Woods & Water. If your actions warrant banning, it will be site wide.
This site was created for you and with a little moderator help can be policed by you. Treat each post as if your 10 year old daughter was going to read it. Keep the content clean, honest, and free from sexual innuendo and foul language. Above all, respect others and they will respect you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What happens if I break a rule?
A: If you break a rule, then you will receive a warning to flag the infraction on your account. You may also receive a temporary or permanent ban of your account depending on the severity of the infraction and your warning history. The resulting ban duration will be at the discretion of the moderators, and every effort will be made to apply such penalties in a fair and consistent manner for every member. The moderators also have the right to edit, delete, move or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
Q: What happens if I see a thread/post which has broken a rule?
A: Please report the thread/post to the moderators so they can review it and take appropriate action. Moderators are not omnipresent, they cannot see every topic and be aware of every possible infraction, so we rely on the members to report these issues so they can be addressed.