IGNORED

My Eyes are Going!

crappyice

Over the last few years i have needed to use "cheaters" (+1.50) more and more to see my phone or work on computer or read average font. My vision for driving and distance remains fine.

I'd rather not carry yet another thing (my glasses) while flyfishing and was wondering if anyone has success with any of those clip-on lenses? Low light conditions make it tough too. Any of those clip-on have lights?!?!

What about the below dual purpose specs?

918018C2-F6CB-48E4-B43B-8AD4CBE4BBF2.png

Edited by crappyice

9 hours ago, crappyice said:

Over the last few years i have needed to use "cheaters" (+1.50) more and more to see my phone or work on computer or read average font. My vision for driving and distance remains fine.

I'd rather not carry yet another thing (my glasses) while flyfishing and was wondering if anyone has success with any of those clip-on lenses? Low light conditions make it tough too. Any of those clip-on have lights?!?!

What about the below dual purpose specs?

918018C2-F6CB-48E4-B43B-8AD4CBE4BBF2.png

I have them.  They are fantastic.  Perfect for tying a line or reading a quick text.  You'll like em. 

My eyes are shot. I do use cheap magnifiers in the +1.50 to +2.50 range. I also use sunglasses with a bifocal magnifier, but I find them to be a bit of a pain in the ass.

My biggest issue is sun exposure. When I went tarpon fishing a few weeks ago, we left at 5:00 am and drove for three hours into the sun, then spent all day on a boat. By the time we got back, my eyes were burning red, teary and so painful that I couldn't open them. My partner drove home and I kept my eyes closed the entire time. 

The Blind Angler may be my new handle soon.

• 2 months later...