IGNORED

2022 Turkey Hunting Success Pics

nywaw

• nywaw pinned this topic

First gobbler from my new house. Awesome hunt. Was about to throw in the towel and go home. Was walking the edge of a field and saw a hawk on the power line pole. Well he saw me and flew off and screamed. Well that caused a shock gobble. I set up real quick in some super thick brush that I could barely even see through. Threw 1 hen decoy maybe 15 yards out in the field. Hit a couple clucks on the box call and I see his periscope head pop up over the little bit of rolling hill. Called back and forth for awhile before he saw the deke and headed over. Like I said, the brush was really thick so I needed him to come right to the decoy to get a shot. Well, he didn't. Had him at 20 yards for probably 15 minutes and couldn't shoot. He gobbled so to me I could feel it. Well he eventually started losing interest and slowly walked away but was still gobbling every few minutes. I wait for him to look away and lean out into the field. 40 yards and as soon as his head went up he got blasted. Not a huge bird but definitely an epic hunt!

20220512_075714.jpg

20220512_075711.jpg

Cynthia's  26.1lb Huge Gobbler.

This Gobbler and,I made Eye Contact as we walked a Trail and neared a Woods Road. The Gobbler dipped away- but there was a Slough behind him.

Now on the Woods Road- Cynthia sent me back in and told me to walk to where,I saw the Gobbler.

She stayed on the Woods Road and She was right! That Gobbler appeared in Front of her in the Woods Road. Saw her and started to Fast Step it away.

She shot Twice being excited and the 2nd Shot connected. I raced out there.  Teamwork!

Heaviest  Gobbler,I have ever lifted up.  May 8th,2022.

We ran into another Successful  Turkey Hunter on the way out. I got a nice picture of both of them. One of my old sideways pics- sorry.

bbb.jpg.070f240776e9ffae91d659affb9bade6.jpg

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

I shot this Gobbler late in the morning and later in the Spring.

He went 21lbs. Definitely  a 3 year old. I lifted him up for a quick pic below.  You can also see that sometimes,I will wear solid Earth Tones if my Camo pants are screaming for the washer.

A few members on the NJ Site were not happy with how,I was holding this Gobbler and let me have it with both barrels- lol. 

20220522_064120.jpg

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

On 3/15/2023 at 4:07 PM, 518BowSlayer said:

First gobbler from my new house. Awesome hunt. Was about to throw in the towel and go home. Was walking the edge of a field and saw a hawk on the power line pole. Well he saw me and flew off and screamed. Well that caused a shock gobble. I set up real quick in some super thick brush that I could barely even see through. Threw 1 hen decoy maybe 15 yards out in the field. Hit a couple clucks on the box call and I see his periscope head pop up over the little bit of rolling hill. Called back and forth for awhile before he saw the deke and headed over. Like I said, the brush was really thick so I needed him to come right to the decoy to get a shot. Well, he didn't. Had him at 20 yards for probably 15 minutes and couldn't shoot. He gobbled so to me I could feel it. Well he eventually started losing interest and slowly walked away but was still gobbling every few minutes. I wait for him to look away and lean out into the field. 40 yards and as soon as his head went up he got blasted. Not a huge bird but definitely an epic hunt!

20220512_075714.jpg

20220512_075711.jpg

Here's what he looks like now

20220818_163036.jpg

20 hours ago, G-man said:

This is a great spot.used this stump for many photos thru the years. Birds roost  here every year early season. received_736673517831289.jpeg.d4e1a52760cdf23d1299d124770b386e.jpeg

It’s funny how they change favorite roosts from early to late season. Mid May and later into season, they roost on my 12 acre ridge. And strut and gobble all morning long. Probably bc the clovers are good and lush by then.. or the foliage too I’d imagine.  

2 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

It’s funny how they change favorite roosts from early to late season. Mid May and later into season, they roost on my 12 acre ridge. And strut and gobble all morning long. Probably bc the clovers are good and lush by then.. or the foliage too I’d imagine.  

Yep they move down the ridge here as season progresses.. just a matter  of  listening in evening for fly up or turkey talk.. and getting use to walking out  in darkness