IGNORED

How can I help support the site?

nywaw

Hey guys and gals, I'll be adding some of the ways you can help support NY Woods & Water as we continue to grow!  Most of these will require as little effort as possible on your part, just something you can build into your day when using the site, if you remember.  Every little bit goes a long way to help the site, so anything you can do to help out is greatly appreciated! :up:

Method 1:  Amazon Shoppers

You'll notice I added a sidebar (on right for desktop and at bottom of the page for mobile) that has our Amazon Affiliate link as seen below.  For those of you who shop at Amazon, this is really a simple way to help support the site by visiting and shopping at Amazon through that link! 

amazon-sidebar.png

Method 2:  Post product links

Often times, we post about products we use and recommend.  Rather than simply naming the product in a post, we can also include a product link from the web of where you bought it, if you spot a great sale, etc.  This is a WIN/WIN scenario as you share products you'd recommend that others can benefit from while also posting a product link that automatically gets affiliated with the site in the event anyone clicks the products and purchases them!  Now not all links will be affiliated, and that's OK, the first priority is posting something that will be beneficial to the member (i.e. a good sale, best price, etc), and if it happens to also be an affiliated site all the better!  More so you don't need to do anything special, just go and grab the URL from the site you saw it on or bought it from and post it up here, this site will take care of the rest! :up:

As always, if anyone has any questions, please ask here or send me a PM! :up:

43 minutes ago, nywaw said:

Hey guys and gals, I'll be adding some of the ways you can help support NY Woods & Water as we continue to grow!  Most of these will require as little effort as possible on your part, just something you can build into your day when using the site, if you remember.  Every little bit goes a long way to help the site, so anything you can do to help out is greatly appreciated! :up:

Method 1:  Amazon Shoppers

You'll notice I added a sidebar (on right for desktop and at bottom of the page for mobile) that has our Amazon Affiliate link as seen below.  For those of you who shop at Amazon, this is really a simple way to help support the site by visiting and shopping at Amazon through that link! 

amazon-sidebar.png

Method 2:  Post product links

Often times, we post about products we use and recommend.  Rather than simply naming the product in a post, we can also include a product link from the web of where you bought it, if you spot a great sale, etc.  This is a WIN/WIN scenario as you share products you'd recommend that others can benefit from while also posting a product link that automatically gets affiliated with the site in the event anyone clicks the products and purchases them!  Now not all links will be affiliated, and that's OK, the first priority is posting something that will be beneficial to the member (i.e. a good sale, best price, etc), and if it happens to also be an affiliated site all the better!  More so you don't need to do anything special, just go and grab the URL from the site you saw it on or bought it from and post it up here, this site will take care of the rest! :up:

As always, if anyone has any questions, please ask here or send me a PM! :up:

I will have to ask my wife to join just for the Amazon affiliate links you will be a millionaire by years end 

• 4 weeks later...

I added Walmart to the sidebar (desktop) and bottom (mobile).  I may work on a dedicated page of affiliate links or come up with an alternate way for you guys to be able to maybe search for one as you need it :up:

Worth noting, you can always add a link here (or elsewhere) to the store you're interested in.  If it's an affiliate, the link will automatically be updated by the site, so you don't need to do anything more than click the link after you add it.

1 hour ago, nywaw said:

@boo711 you're laughing at BBB I suspect, me too!  I'm just torturing @mowin based on his reply above! :rofl:

I really don't think that's very funny.... :poke:.

Seriously though...  If the site isn't listed like Amazon and Walmart, how does ones wife help support this site by ordering from them? 

Edited by mowin