IGNORED

Giving Coyote Trapping a Try

I finally got my trapper cert done this spring (once I learned you could do it at home now).   Mostly theoretical, since the only time I'd be able to do it is the handful of days a year when I'm hunting, so the odds of success would be really low. 

I think about all coyotes I hear and sign I see,  and tend to focus my anger towards them, but getting them on camera doesn't happen often. Where as racoon, fisher and fox are a constant abundant target based on my cams. If I really want to target nest predators , they should be my focus.

Edited by cas

1 hour ago, Belo said:

My initial thought was to put a cell cam over a trap and just have it send pics a few times a day. Not sure if that's allowed or legal as I haven't take the course yet, but seemed like a good way to be efficient. idk... 

that's what i suggested on forum back during pandemic. I took the online trapper class in NY and was going to put 1 trap in front of a cell cam. I never did though. 

6 hours ago, The Back 40 said:

I worked with a guy in Syracuse named Mark Zagger, he runs a coyote trapping school called Coyote U. The guy gets an unbelievable number of yotes every year and has some unique ways of setting traps and scent. He has some videos on his website and youtube.

http://www.coyoteu.com/

I've seen a few of his coyote trapping videos. 

Edited by Cabin Fever