IGNORED

Live From The Woods 2024 Edition

nywaw

Didn’t say it earlier but my luck changed today saw 6 deer one was an albino but no picture because it was to dark for a good pic. They where all does and I shot at one but killed a branch instead of a deer. I’m just gonna take a walk tomorrow and hope to jump something. Happy new year’s and good luck to everyone tomorrow.

Late night at the village of Akron ball drop and fireworks so I slept in and am hunting at home this morning.  Nice dusting of snow.  I will hang out here till lunch time, then head back out to Akron and hunt my parents this evening, for the last sit of the Holiday season.

Im sticking with my two most comfortable stands for three reasons: 1) most comfortable 2) Shortest walks 3) near turnip plots and that’s where I’ve seen the most sign lately.  

Now, if I can just coax a deer to step out for a bite while it is light enough to shoot, I’ll be all set.  

I am liking the snow anyhow.  Other than the last 10 minutes of the regular  SZ ML season, this is all of it Ive been able to hunt since last Jan 1.

IMG_3907.thumb.jpeg.2407bc3cbb896ca82525fd253f10705a.jpeg

9 minutes ago, mowin said:

Couldn't find the ambition to get up this morning.  I've got one to process today, so I'm thinking I'm done.  

Good luck to those that are out today. 

This morning to me is more about having to be here for the last morning watch.  Going to bed at 2:30 after a few pours of Wellers Antique 107 was still easy to get up. Have a Dmp and either sex tag in my pocket. Freezers full but do have a friend or 3 who would really enjoy a gifted deer. I’ll soak in this last sit til 11 or so, grab my cams here , get some lunch and sit pm shift on different property to close out the season. 

Just now, turkeyfeathers said:

This morning to me is more about having to be here for the last morning watch.  Going to bed at 2:30 after a few pours of Wellers Antique 107 was still easy to get up. Have a Dmp and either sex tag in my pocket. Freezers full but do have a friend or 3 who would really enjoy a gifted deer. I’ll soak in this last sit til 11 or so, grab my cams here , get some lunch and sit pm shift on different property to close out the season. 

I've got two DMPs that will most likely go unfilled.  If I do hunt this afternoon, I'll only shoot if it's going to be a easy recovery and a decent size doe. 

Freezer is full, as are my nephews and SIL. 

I was going to try and stay out here until lunch time but it’s just a bit chilly.  The warm cherrywood  fire in the house is calling me.  10:00 is the best I can do.

I saw (3) deer back here moving at 9:30 on Saturday.  Nothing so far this morning though.  
IMG_3908.thumb.jpeg.60196a73f8b35328c71dc28795699e14.jpeg