IGNORED

What about Bob?

Splitear

My wife and I have been discussing getting another dog for a few months now, since we had to put our English Bulldog, “Ruby”, down in November. I told her I wanted a beagle, and she reluctantly agreed that if I found one to adopt, then we’d talk.

A couple of weeks ago she sent me this guys adoption page with the title “I want him!”  So, the weekend before last, she and the girls drove down to pick up the new “beagle”.

She also agreed that I could name him…but after getting 3 or 4 names shot down, we decided to let our 4 year old choose between “Gibson” (my choice) or “Kermit” (my wife’s pick). When we gave Ellie the choice, she simply said “No, his name is Bob”. So, Bobby the pug makes the trifecta complete in our crew with our other pug Penny and my good old guy Boo. The girls are in love, and Bobby is fitting in great. We just got back from a vacation to Marblehead, and he was a great traveler.  This weekend I’m going to see how well he handles a canoe ride :)

IMG_2004.jpeg

IMG_2034.jpeg

Edited by Splitear

17 minutes ago, Splitear said:

My wife and I have been discussing getting another dog for a few months now, since we had to put our English Bulldog, “Ruby”, down in November. I told her I wanted a beagle, and she reluctantly agreed that if I found one to adopt, then we’d talk.

A couple of weeks ago she sent me this guys adoption page with the title “I want him!”  So, the weekend before last, she and the girls drove down to pick up the new “beagle”.

She also agreed that I could name him…but after getting 3 or 4 names shot down, we decided to let our 4 year old choose between “Gibson” (my choice) or “Kermit” (my wife’s pick). When we gave Ellie the choice, she simply said “No, his name is Bob”. So, Bobby the pug makes the trifecta complete in our crew with our other pug Penny and my good old guy Boo. The girls are in love, and Bobby is fitting in great. We just got back from a vacation to Marblehead, and he was a great traveler.  This weekend I’m going to see how well he handles a canoe ride :)

IMG_2004.jpeg

IMG_2034.jpeg

You do realize regardless of the name, your stuck.  Girls have already claimed him(Rob) as theirs. 

The pic with all three of them sealed the deal.  

26 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Stick with Bobby. Ive always been told that two syllable names are best for dogs since most commands are one syllable

+1. Our dog's names as a kid growing up:

• Hunter (Golden Retriever)
  • Jackie (Beagle)
  • Magnum (German Shepherd)
  • Baron (German Shepherd)
  • Cody (Brittany Spaniel)
  • Tyson (German Shepherd)