IGNORED

Double ladder stand

JohnPlav

Hell of a deal at sportsman’s warehouse.  I went in there at lunch today and these were marked at $190 but rang up at $100.
I got 2 but there were at least another 10 more there (Rochester location) 

https://www.sportsmans.com/hunting-gear-supplies/archery-gear-equipment-supplies/archery-accessories/treestands/big-game-guardian-xlt-treestand/p/1481592

2 minutes ago, JohnPlav said:

Hell of a deal at sportsman’s warehouse.  I went in there at lunch today and these were marked at $190 but rang up at $100.
I got 2 but there were at least another 10 more there (Rochester location) 

https://www.sportsmans.com/hunting-gear-supplies/archery-gear-equipment-supplies/archery-accessories/treestands/big-game-guardian-xlt-treestand/p/1481592

Heck of a deal.  

That looks just like the one that I bought from a member of the old site, for $ 20 a few years ago, after he had used it for a couple seasons.  It seems to be quite sturdy and has held up pretty well.  I haven’t killed any deer out of it yet.

It was too high for me, with the whole ladder, but just about right with the lower section removed.  I had it at our place for a couple of seasons on the front edge of the back woods.  I didn’t hunt it much there, mostly because I never felt hidden enough from the deer at that location.   I replaced it there with a barnwood sided tree blind.

I moved it over to my parent’s place, and positioned it further into the woods over there, but still within 20 yards of a clover plot.  Hopefully, I’ll get some antlerless gun action from it, in just a few more weeks.  

3435E74B-4DBD-45BB-8EA4-4FFC590EFC50.thumb.jpeg.38e5d86d51001162f6e6a3ffc3641e4c.jpeg

These stands are decent.  The platform is bigger than my current ladder stand, so that’ll help during bow season.  
 I don’t think it’d be too comfy with 2 adults in them, but they should work great to bring one of my kids or nephews.  Unfortunately it looks like they are selling for $149 now. 

5C09C3E9-2167-4B55-94F5-C0DFFEFDCE6A.jpeg

Edited by JohnPlav

1 hour ago, Otto said:

For a single stand, I love this one.  It has a real nice platform to shoot from.  My favorite archery stand!  and its on mega sale at $120 each. 

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/big-game-hunter-hd-15-ladder-stand

Still have 2 other stands brand new in box, but ordered another one of these this morning. Really like this stand and couldn't pass up another at that price.

2 minutes ago, JJJWNY said:

Still have 2 other stands brand new in box, but ordered another one of these this morning. Really like this stand and couldn't pass up another at that price.

My thoughts exactly.  I just hope it gets delivered in one piece.